Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kinda new to vaping so need advice :)

• 08-06-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hiya so I need a new vapour since my old one disappeared on me and without it i have slipped back into smoking sadly...I need one that is simple to use and affordable but can still produce a big cloud that will match even the expensive ones...
    My last vapour had all kind of settings on it like temperture control , titanium/nickle mode and it just confused me to work it big time.
    So i need something a little easier to work and with a good rechargeable battery with a great amount of cloud..So i was thinking maybe a eleaf istick 30w , genuine kangertech dripbox starter kit or if you could recommend something like these would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The device itself has no bearing on the cloud production, that'll be more down to what tank you use on it, and also what coils and juice you use in that tank

What tank were you using before? What wattage were you vaping at and what juice were you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

If you're looking at an iStick 30w, you'd probably be better getting the iStick 40w, of if you are interested in replaceable batteries the 60w or the Pico. They will be more versatile in the future, but can be used by beginners too in the normal variable wattage mode. Bear in mind that replaceable batteries will cost 8-10 quid each, on top of the mod.

As for tanks, I don't do sub-ohm cloud chasing, but the Aspire Cleito appears to be popular.

Alternatively there is the Joyetech AIO - simple to use as there are no settings other than on/off and selecting the led colour, good flavour and vapour and cheap - about 20-25. Even as you work out what you want, it will make a good backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

The device itself has no bearing on the cloud production, that'll be more down to what tank you use on it, and also what coils and juice you use in that tank

What tank were you using before? What wattage were you vaping at and what juice were you using?

My last device was a joyetech evic vt with a ego one mega tank , but settings really confused me and i was using a high vg liquid called pink savage...
    i was considering the kangertech dripbox starter kit mostly this time as its decently priced and seems easy to use

My last device was a joyetech evic vt with a ego one mega tank and i think my watt was 35.5 but had no idea the right one i should have been using , but settings really confused me and i was using a high vg liquid called pink savage...
    i was considering the kangertech dripbox starter kit mostly this time as its decently priced and seems easy to use

j26m wrote: »
    If you're looking at an iStick 30w, you'd probably be better getting the iStick 40w, of if you are interested in replaceable batteries the 60w or the Pico. They will be more versatile in the future, but can be used by beginners too in the normal variable wattage mode. Bear in mind that replaceable batteries will cost 8-10 quid each, on top of the mod.

As for tanks, I don't do sub-ohm cloud chasing, but the Aspire Cleito appears to be popular.

Alternatively there is the Joyetech AIO - simple to use as there are no settings other than on/off and selecting the led colour, good flavour and vapour and cheap - about 20-25. Even as you work out what you want, it will make a good backup.

But doesnt the istick 40w have temp control? it would be ideal alright if i had an idea about the right wattage and temperature it should be set at for a decent vape with a high vg liquid..I have looked into the aspire yes

• Advertisement

My last device was a joyetech evic vt with a ego one mega tank and i think my watt was 35.5 but had no idea the right one i should have been using , but settings really confused me and i was using a high vg liquid called pink savage...

You don't have to touch TC modes, just leave any device you're using in standard wattage mode. Then all you need worry about is the resistance of your coil, and set the wattage to suit. I like to vape in around 4.2v, no matter the wattage. For example, a 0.5ohm coil for me, is perfect in around 35w. So if you only stuck to that even, you'd be fine. I'm vaping over 3 years and rarely ever use TC modes, though I have 3 devices/mods capable of it. I don't find the vape experience any better tbh. It's nice to know those modes are there, but you never have to use them, many don't. Just avoid Ni and Ti coils, because only they have to be used in TC modes. Stick to kanthal and stainless steel [ss can be used in both wattage and TC, kanthal only in wattage]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

But doesnt the istick 40w have temp control? it would be ideal alright if i had an idea about the right wattage and temperature it should be set at for a decent vape with a high vg liquid..I have looked into the aspire yes

You don't need to use temp control unless you want to and feel comfortable with it. You can just use the mod as a battery.

I do mouth to lung vaping, and 11-13 watts is my preferred range for 70 vg liquid. It's all personal taste though, and sub-ohm requires higher wattage than mouth to lung. The coils you get will give you a rating on the side - a minimum and maximum wattage. Start at the bottom of that range and work up until you hit the sweet spot for you, where the taste and cloud is where you want it to be. Don't go over the max value for the coil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

A kanger Dripbox is hardly easy to use? Removable batteries, and a dripper is at the advanced stage of things. You are hardly building your own coils are you?

Get a 40w iStick and a nautilus X. Cheap and cheerful, can handle any type of juice and if you want a more advanced tank later it will likely work on the iStick.

Here's a great tool to work out the correct wattage per coil:

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator

Just input 4 - 4.2 volts, and the resistance of the coil you're using, and calculate. If you use the suggested wattage, guaranteed you'll have a pleasant vape.

Agree with EGriff too, the drip boxes may seem simple, but you need to be able to build your own coils. I would never suggest something like that for an inexperienced vaper. Evic mini TC is what I'd point them to, and a decent, non fussy tank like the Melo or Cleito. And suggest they stick to wattage mode until they want to explore other modes later. If at all. Any tank out now will handle high VG juices without hassle.

Thanks for the advice guys its appreciated , I have decided to go for a istick pico 75w with an aspire cleito tank...I'm just going to use it in VW mode! I presume a Cleito tank will work on it as its a 510 thread?

Oh and what 18650 battery should i get for it as i see 3400 and 2500mAh for it? or will any 18650 one be okay? I just wanted to confirm all of this before i go buy anything to see if i made a decent choice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Thanks for the advice guys its appreciated , I have decided to go for a istick pico 75w with an aspire cleito tank...I'm just going to use it in VW mode! I presume a Cleito tank will work on it as its a 510 thread?

Oh and what 18650 battery should i get for it as i see 3400 and 2500mAh for it? or will any 18650 one be okay? I just wanted to confirm all of this before i go buy anything to see if i made a decent choice?

No 'any' 18650 won't do, where are you going buying from? We can see what they have on offer and make a suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

The battery you need is one of these http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html

the cleito is excellent & will fit the Pico ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

The battery you need is one of these http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/527-samsung-inr-18650-25r-2500mah-30a-battery.html

the cleito is excellent & will fit the Pico ...

Yep one of those batteries would be perfect. Or maybe an LG HE4.

There are other batteries with a higher mah that are decent, but they cannot handle high amps like the two above.

Given you will be using a single 18650 device on a cleito, which you need to use relatively high wattages on, it might be safer to avoid the likes of LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q. They are both excellent bateries in their own right, but given your specific use case. The 25R or HE4 would be best suited, in my opinion anyway.

I would avoid efest in general, but their 'metallic' series are supposed to be ok.

The Pico and the Cleito is a Boss combination! I use that a lot myself. Get one of the Samsung 25R that youdipstick linked, or a Sony VTC 4/5 or LG HE2. All good solid batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

moleyv wrote: »

Given you will be using a single 18650 device on a cleito, which you need to use relatively high wattages on, it might be safer to avoid the likes of LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q.
    I would go for the last 2 , for the sake of extra 500mAh capacity .
    He won't be able to draw more than 20A anyway

I would recommend that you get yourself a charger & a extra 18650 battery,so you will have one charged all the time.
    For safety reasons,I prefer to use a charger rather than charging through the Pico usb port,say your battery was a little faulty & charged it through the Pico or any mod for that matter,the battery could vent & destroy your Pico or other mod,using one of those chargers below have a better safety system.
    These are the latest & up to date chargers out there,I use the D4,the second link because I do charge alot of batteries including AA & AAA,This one has a quick charger if using the first 2 slots only,it chargers at 750mA & it is quite fast,if using all 4 slots,it chargers at 375mA but every slot is independent from each other.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/457-nitecore-digicharger-d2.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/458-nitecore-digicharger-d4.html

Oh Yeah,if buying from the best shop,use the code "irishvape" to get 10% off your order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

Some badass charger here (probably too advanced for the new person though )
    http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_228909.html?wid=1
    Up to 4x1A
    Battery capacity detection
    Battery internal resistance detection
    powerbank function

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

coldfire1x wrote: »

Excellent charger,could take a month for delivery,I would have paid the extra money for next day delivery http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/457-nitecore-digicharger-d2.html

I have one of those, use it all the ime, great charger. Not the fastest, but it's safe and gives all the relevant info you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

True, its going to take some time but I am not in any rush as such. Good to know about the site if I need one in a hurry.

How much they charge for delivery?

coldfire1x wrote: »
    True, its going to take some time but I am not in any rush as such. Good to know about the site if I need one in a hurry.

How much they charge for delivery?

They charge €3.50 for fastway couriers or €3 for AnPost or spend €40 I think,maybe €50 for free delivery & use the code "irishvape" to get 10% of your order.
    They also give you reward points on everything you buy & then you can change them for cash....
    Good savings with The Bestshop.

Hi only just time recently to read these replies , thanks for the advice guys i ordered an istick pito with an aspire cleito tank and batteries from gear best , i know there delivery takes a few weeks but they were good price , as for the charger i still need to look into that

Advertisement