Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs in Cork

Options
  • 08-06-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone,

Just need answers for few questions so won't be bothering u for long :) Me and my friend planning weekend in Cork from Friday to Sunday, the problem is that i been there just once, 3 years ago and had bad experience with nightlife. Couldn't get in into few nighclubs don't even remember the names, i think one starts with havana something something so spend and hour driving with taxi around Cork to find a club to get in ^^and the reason was to drunk, but see i'm not a heavy drinker usually have a pint or two before i go out and that's it. So someone who's living in Cork can recommend a good nightclubs with decent bouncers and good staff? Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Avoid Old Oak, bouncers are absolute pr1cks.

Chambers is usually decent, An Brog too. Soho also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Chambers is usually decent

Chambers is a gay bar by the way. I'm sure it's a fun spot regardless but best to know before you go in. Surprises me how many people don't know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Keep on driving and stop when you get to Killarney. You'll have a hassle free weekend with entry to pubs and clubs.
    You'll probably have "too much drink bud" after your first pint in a lot of places in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Chambers is a gay bar by the way. I'm sure it's a fun spot regardless but best to know before you go in. Surprises me how many people don't know this.

Why even suggest the place like

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

yenom wrote: »

Why not?
    Serious question.

• Advertisement

yenom wrote: »

What's that supposed to mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

None of those places are nightclubs. They are late bars. A lot depends on your age OP. I'd recommend the Voodoo Lounge. Not quite a nightclub but good late bar with entertainment. Haven't been to a proper nightclub here in 15 years. They were ****e then. Don't imagine they have got any better.

Never had any problem with the bouncers in the Old Oak although I only pop in there when theres a live act worth seeing. That might get me in despite looking not like the usual Old Oak crowd.

Heckler wrote: »
    None of those places are nightclubs. They are late bars.

I would consider them nightclubs. Apologies if you do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I'd also consider them as late-bars, based on the fact that they're all open during the day as a pub and most serve food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

No apologies needed. But you're wrong. If you're not paying to get in it ain't a nightclub. A nightclub is a big dancefloor with a few small bars, not a big bar with a small bit of floor space for shuffling around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

.red. wrote: »
    Keep on driving and stop when you get to Killarney. You'll have a hassle free weekend with entry to pubs and clubs.
    You'll probably have "too much drink bud" after your first pint in a lot of places in Cork.

I havn't been out in Cork in ages but has it gone that way again now? Bouncers picking and choosing the clientèle?

Are we back to the Tiger days?

I havn't been out in Cork in ages but has it gone that way again now? Bouncers picking and choosing the clientèle?

Are we back to the Tiger days?

Tell you a funny one I wasn't turned out if one club during my twenties in the noughties and I was tipsy enough many the time approaching the door. By today's standards I wouldn't get too look at the place. Fast forward to these times and I even get hassle sober and not just cork but Kilkenny, Galway, Limerick...even the temple in Carlow who no one used go to

I was scratching my head thinking as to why I'm being stopped and one theory is that I'm slightly stockier then I was. I was a slip of a lad this time ten year ago. If anything my attitude to alcohol has improved so maybe bouncers haven't... Perhaps I just look drunk permanently :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Lat time I was out in Cork tried to get into BDSM in Cork after gig in the savoy. Bouncers were complete a-holes. Sent an email of complaint the next day (needles to say, got no reply). Went down to Fred's where we got zero hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Voodoo Rooms is probably the best option. Not into nightclubs myself but it seems to be popular. Also the Bowery might be a good option. Lots of people I know go there. Havanas is awful and known to be pr*cks about letting people in. Actually most bouncers in Cork tend to be a pain in the arse. Never witnessed it in any other town/city. But that's another discussion!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There hasnt been a proper nightclub in cork since sir henry's.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

Was in the bowery last nite . First time since reopened as don't be in city centre much. Nice older crowd and atmosphere . Much nicer than voodoo .they only have one floor open these days rather than x2 before so it can feel a bit confined and there's not much of a dance floor like there was before

Advertisement