Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Dont want windows 10

• 08-06-2016 8:29pm

I am now told windows 10 is to be installed on such a date..but I keep changing the install date,as I look around for a way to get rid of that message,and stop the install..I have read a lot,but cant find any information that will tell me how to stop the downloadat least not in a language I would understand..If anyone can give me any idea of how to do this,It would be great..I am happy with windows 7 on the ole laptop:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

GWX is a tool I've heard recommended, but have no experience of re my own set up. http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

Our IT in work installed it on my manager's PC to prevent 10 from installing itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I am now told windows 10 is to be installed on such a date..but I keep changing the install date,as I look around for a way to get rid of that message,and stop the install..I have read a lot,but cant find any information that will tell me how to stop the downloadat least not in a language I would understand..If anyone can give me any idea of how to do this,It would be great..I am happy with windows 7 on the ole laptop:)

Try this?

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Thank you for the replies..I had a look at both,Never10 seemed easier for me to understand,and it seems to have done the job..Thanks again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Hoagy

Thank you for the replies..I had a look at both,Never10 seemed easier for me to understand,and it seems to have done the job..Thanks again:)

Looking at other discussions about this issue, it seem MS will keep trying to push W10 to you between now and 29th July when the free upgrade offer expires, so you will need to keep checking Never10, also turn off auto updates in Control Panel for now as well.

Thank you!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement