Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ER-6N boring?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Don't agree they are both donkeys tbh, I suppose it just depends what you are looking for in a bike but if he finds the Kawasaki boring then the sv is just as ponderous a machine.

I've never ridden a deaville but have heard about them, if a bike is compared to it I'd be staying away.

You one of these straight line speed lads, with chicken strips my nan would be ashamed of?

I'd have plenty of fun on either bike riding tight twisties, once I had a good set of tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

b_mac2 wrote: »
    You one of these straight line speed lads, with chicken strips my nan would be ashamed of?

I'd have plenty of fun on either bike riding tight twisties, once I had a good set of tyres.

I agree, I've have great fun on both over the years. I was starting to think that my idea of boring might cause me to die of excitement if I get another bike.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I think cornering is the most fun part of having a bike. Going fast in a straight line loses its thrill fast Anyone can buy a superbike and twist the throttle.

Cornering is a skill you can spend a lifetime improving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Going fast in a straight line loses its thrill fast .

No it doesn't :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I think cornering is the most fun part of having a bike. Going fast in a straight line loses its thrill fast Anyone can buy a superbike and twist the throttle.

Cornering is a skill you can spend a lifetime improving.

Try learn to wheelie then get back to me about corners :D

Nothing like getting her up on the balance point & the feeling of weightlessness, or even just power wheelies where you're taking her just a few wheel off the ground for twenty meters.

Oh, and fast straights ~ acceleration & speed never get boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

congrats on the bike purchase lumen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

Any pics yet Lumen? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,129 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    Any pics yet Lumen? :)
    Just sorting the life insurance before I pick it up :-)

b_mac2 wrote: »

No mate Im not, why?
    Because I think they are slow bikes which they are :confused:

Also dont get the chicken strip argument, takes more balls to ride a a bike 180mph on a straight line then lean her over at 30.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Sensation of speed is much higher when leaned over than going in a straight line.

You can only use so much power in the twisties. Corners are the great equaliser.

• Advertisement
Advertisement