Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2016 PPV Thread *Spoilers*

• 08-06-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭

This will take place on June 19th, 2016 at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada

Card So Far:

– WWE Title Match: Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

- AJ Styles vs. John Cena

– MITB Match: Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens vs. Alberto Del Rio

– Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Title Match: New Day vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows vs. Big Cass and Enzo Amore

– United States Title Match: Rusev vs. Titus O’Neil

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's strange how much a main event storyline can sap the potential excitement for a PPV out of it for me. On Paper this should be really good.

AJ vs Cena culd be great as could the MITB match. Romans recent main event matches have actually been good spot fests even if we know the winner in advance and the ending spear sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I still cant believe reigns kicked out of two styles clashes at the last paperview.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Updated card for the PPV
    *Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

*Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus

Rusev (c) (with Lana) vs. Titus O'Neil

Natalya and Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte and Dana Brooke

Money In The Bank ladder match
    Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio

The New Day vs. The Vaudevillains vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Club

AJ Styles vs. John Cena

Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

*Preshow matches

Also Dolph Ziggler/Baron Corbin AGAIN, YE GODS this feud should've ended at Payback, or Extreme Rules..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I want to be excited for the ppv. I really do, but most of the time ppv's end up being such a let down. But I'll still watch it, with watered down expectations.

Reigns will win clean.
    Cena will win clean, even with Gallows/Anderson getting involved.
    MITB, I really really really don't see either of Y2J or ADR winning it, and I'd be happy with any of the other guys.

Hey lads, I heard that some people are calling this the best MITB PPV ever and that it has many Wrestlemania level matches and that the Cena/AJ match has been 15 years in the making.... sounds deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well MitB used to be a WrestleMania match so in a way they're right

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well MitB used to be a WrestleMania match so in a way they're right

tbh I would not mind AJ/Cena and MITB as Mania matches the problem is how WWE promote things. It's like how they push Roman Reigns... They over do it until you feel like you really don't want / believe it.

It was just overkill on Raw the amount of times they said the above things. That is except for the 15 years in the making thing which (was only said a few times) to me made no sense. I guess you could say AJs entire career has built to this moment where he faces the biggest name in the WWE but if thats what you want to say then say that because if all you say is that its been 15 years in the making I'm just left thinking, wait hasn't AJ only been in the WWE around 6months and Cena has only been back for a few weeks of that and before then I don't recall any interaction between them or really talk of this match even if AJ was the face of the never acknowledged on WWE tv TNA.

Funny actually how when talking about AJ, Cena acknowledged everyone else from ROH, New Japan & PWG but not them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I like that even they are acknowledging its one of the best MITB line ups in years, in terms of the fact any of the six could realistically win the case and move up to main event level with ease. Right, Jericho or Del Rio might not be as exciting as Owens or Sami, but I don't think they'd be out of place.

The MITB and the Cena/AJ Styles matches should be brilliant. Tag title match should be pretty good too.

Looking at the MITB match I'd so for me Owens is the strongest candidate, but that's my personal preference. I wouldn't mind Del Rio getting a push and winning. His run in Lucha Underground was great.

My friend joked that Ambrose would win and cash in later on in the main event like rollins did and take the pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

By the sounds of the way they're trying to push the Shield feud, I can't see Ambrose not winning.

It's hilariously WWE logic that they're just completely ignoring the absence of the 7th entrant.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    By the sounds of the way they're trying to push the Shield feud, I can't see Ambrose not winning.

It's hilariously WWE logic that they're just completely ignoring the absence of the 7th entrant.

Did they say there would be a 7th entrant?. Have not been following Raw closely.

Did they say there would be a 7th entrant?. Have not been following Raw closely.

On the first Raw of the build they had qualifying matches and said there would be 7 entrants, even had a graphic for it. Since that show though the graphic was changed and there has been zero mention of the 7th entrant.

Maybe they changed their plans cos someone wasn't ready after injury like Wyatt for example.

Many could win MITB but for me it's Owens or Ambrose. Ambrose if they really want to puch the Shield angle, Owens if they want a heel with the briefcase who will also be an immediate star and main eventer if he cashed in and wins the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that title match should have been one of the hottest stories in recent memory.

bunch of fúcking knobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Thoughts on a Demon turning up and destroying everything in its path?

I feel it could well be this Sunday or Monday when it happens

montyrebel wrote: »
    Thoughts on a Demon turning up and destroying everything in its path?

I feel it could well be this Sunday or Monday when it happens

I've pretty much given up on predicting it happening... so it'll probably happen at MITB.

I would actually like AJ to just win clean but who knows maybe a Balor main roster debut to help him win even though the other members of the club are banned from ringside would be the WWEs way of giving AJ the rub without Cena having to really lose clean.

Either way AJ shouldn't really lose again. I know people say wins & loses don't matter in WWE but while they have been pushing him as a main eventer he has already lost at Mania to Jericho, Payback & Extreme rules to Reigns another loss at the following PPV (to Cena in this case) should be avoided at all costs imo to make him and the club look strong before the brand split after which they will no doubt have a big role to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Apollo to win but take a battering, win would do nothing for Sheamus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jayus this is a quite thread you'd swear the ppv wasn't on tonite

Wonder are they going to do the triple threat shield world title match before the draft (Ambrose wins the mitb and cashes in making the title match at triple threat ???)

I have a feeling Cesaro is going to win the case

Going to stay up for the mitb match and watch the rest in the morning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would love to see that Shield match.

I want AJ to get help tonight.

Hoping Nikki Bella returns soon to save the Womens Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to stay up for the mitb match and watch the rest in the morning

Could be a good idea but there's a good chance it'll be the match just before the main event.

Will probably be
    US Title match
    Tag Title Match
    Women's match
    Cena/AJ
    MitB
    WWE Title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

DM_7 wrote: »
    Hoping Nikki Bella returns soon to save the Womens Division.

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-Laughing-to-Serious.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I'm really looking forward to the Cena v Styles match. Can't think of a bigger match that could be done in wrestling today. Hyped now for wwe to ruin it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rollins to win title match and Ambrose to win MITB and cash in would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rollins to win title match and Ambrose to win MITB and cash in would be awesome.

Hoping for this scenario, but not expecting it, wouldn't be toeing the company line in making Roman look strong if it happened :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

regardless of what happens tonight, I think the Shield triple-threat at Summerslam is a lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Would set up triple threat Shield reunion for Summer Slam but that would be too much to hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Owens would be great as the mitb holder. The trash talk from him and cash in teases would be epic. He is the "prize fighter" after all.

AJ Styles needs the win over Cena tonight but we'll probably get a series and matches with Cena winning the fued ala verses Owens last year. AJ wins tonight, Cena wins at Battleground and Summerslam.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Realistically, I'll be happy with anyone in the match winning MITB, bar Del Rio. Favourites to win would be Owens, Dean, or Zayn, but I think it'd be too early in Zayn's run to have him win it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

...what the hell is even happening here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Is this thread quiet because of the golf I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tinpib wrote: »
    Is this thread quiet because of the golf I wonder?

Or just general lack of interest in Roman Wins in the Bank.

Advertisement