Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2016 PPV Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First time I've been genuinely shocked by WWE in a very long time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Depp wrote: »
    With the Right vince giveth, and with the left he taketh away, fcuk this ****

Still better than Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I never thought Reigns would lose!!! Thought there would be a cash in tho!!

Maybe the low ratings made Vince finally see reason!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Loughc wrote: »
    Still better than Reigns.

2000%, thank jesus thats over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Yes! Rollins beat Reigns and Ambrose cashes in. Amazing!

• Advertisement

The one thing this guarantees in my mind is that there'll be two world titles once the brand split kicks in.

Way too excited to go to sleep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wow, that was an amazing ending. Well done, WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Class. it was so predictable it was almost unpredictable. But well pulled off. Summerslam Triple Threat rematch it is so...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I guess I'm staying up to watch Raw tomorrow night then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

that was a fairly solid ppv to be fair, wish I wasnt a rollins fanboy though so I couldve actually enjoyed that finish :D

We have had false dawns before but I hope this starts a new era for WWE.

I'd move Reigns away from title picture and then turn him heel saying the fans "deserted" him after he lost the title. Then build him up again as a monster heel.

Knowing WWE tho, Reigns will probably win it back tomorrow night at Raw like what happened to Ryder or go on to the triple threat as was suggested by Ageyev.

A big leap forward but WWE always seem to end up going backwards again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Was going to say this was the biggest letdown of a PPV in terms of expectations vs reality for some time. Apart from the ladder match, nothing lived up to expectations. And why did they have to move those two matches onto the main show and make them go so long. It's bad enough us international fans staying up to 3.45am but now 4.30am every PPV?

That said, the ending saved the show. Fantastic. Delighted for Dean. I'm happy now that Seth came back as a heel. Dean cashing in on Rollins feels like the culmination of a two-year storyline since Rollins turned on the Shield with Ambrose finally getting his revenge. Nice.

Really interesting that Rollins pinned Reigns clean. They could have easily have had Ambrose cash in for a triple threat match and have Ambrose pin Rollins. They didn't need to have Rollins pin Reigns but they did. Will be interesting to see what it means going forward. The Shield triple threat match at Battleground should have a great buildup.

I'm convinced they waited until the NBA finals were over to get maximum exposure on twitter etc so thats why it ran late.

Ending def saved the show. It feels like something happened that was unexpected rather than the usual

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Class. it was so predictable it was almost unpredictable. But well pulled off. Summerslam Triple Threat rematch it is so...

If they're going to hold off until Summerslam for this what will they do for battleground in 5 weeks time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If they're going to hold off until Summerslam for this what will they do for battleground in 5 weeks time?

either Roman vs Rollins rematch for number one contender as they both feel like they're due a rematch first, a gap filler match (big show, lol), or bring back a 2nd title for Smackdown, and have that headline the ppv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hah, I went to bed last night expecting to wake up to the usual LOLCENAWINS and LOLROMANWINS and Alberto wins the contract or something(I like ADR but come on).

Imagine my shock!

They actually do have a brain sometimes.

I'll comment further when I watch the show(well the three main matches, couldn't give a toss about the other stuff).

Dean as champion is awesome. Now Vince, see how a babyface people actually love does as opposed to shoving one down our throats. He was the strongest built in the lead to this and holy **** they actually teased something and went through with it. Amazing.

I might have to start watching again. Bah :pac:

either Roman vs Rollins rematch for number one contender as they both feel like they're due a rematch first.

This is a very good shout! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Delighted Dean is the champ, but annoyed that there is nobody holding a briefcase for another year now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome ending.

For all they've booked Ambrose disastrously over the last two years, it was still a great moment when he walked out and won the title. I really wish they hadn't of blown their load on Raw and telegraphed it; it would have been 100 times better without any hint of it happening at all. But still, great moment.

Was also very happy Rollins beat Reigns clean as well. It sets them up far stronger going into the Summer of Shield we're about to get.

Cena/Styles was great imo. Ladder match was very, very good. As was the tag match, minus the ending.

Overall, enjoyed the show. Better B show they've had in a while. 7.5/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Just watching this now main event just started. Enjoyable B PPV if you ask me. MiTB and Night of Champions for me are high B PPV but not quite A PPV Big 4 for me in terms of excitement going into them.

Dean as champ for me is good for the WWE opens up the chance to allow Roman space to breath and perhaps find his true spot on the upper card. Tag match was good but too many men there to make it great. Ending was too crowded. MiTB match was good best one in a while in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE actually foreshadowed something on a RAW before a PPV, and they didn't flip/flop about it, well done WWE, well done indeed..

Now book Ambrose solidly damn it, DO NOT SCREW THIS UP

Solid enough PPV to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

MitB is a big four for me now.

Survivor Series means nothing nowadays and MitB sets up a lot of major angles/title changes and generally has strong matches for the past few years.

I consider it a major show for WWE now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Valid point moneymaker MiTB has been strong the last few years. Main event finished a few mins ago. If I had to find something wrong with the Seth vs Roman match it was the ending. In my opinion the pinfall should have been after the spear into pedigree. That would have tallied with Seth being the architect and wwe could have done the spear into barricade spot first hence used that as an excuse for Roman taking the pin (they could still do this). With Dean's cash I would have liked to see him come out when Roman speared the barricade and tease the cash in then (or show him about to come out on the big screen) then proceed as above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Yea but they're still well on time. They tend to keep Reigns matches well under 20 minutes as to protect him some what. It's Rollins who I feel sorry for.

I enjoy browsing Boards but never had an account because I never had anything to say but I had to create one when I saw this post as I can't understand how no one else has called you up on it.

The Triple H WrestleMania match was 27 minutes, the first AJ match was 24 minutes and the second AJ match was 21 minutes. Even the Rollins match last night was 26 minutes so I don't know how or why you've made that up in your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Kind've annoyed right now. I went to bed during the Rollins/Reigns match because it was late and I had to go to work. But I missed out on Ambrose cash in which is a downer. I was expecting the PPV to be ended by 4:00am so I watched it until that time, but I couldn't watch any longer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Last night was the first night in quite a long time that I've woken up the next day, and didn't feel like I'd wasted my time by staying up. I can only hope they keep that feeling going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wish I stayed up now

Hope they don't do a Ziggler/Swagger on Ambrose and when he loses the title he will disappear or be put into **** fueds

Reigns is owed a title shot (will they turn him heel now) but how will Rollins get himself into the picture ???

Will a returing Randy Orton or Bray Wyatt challenge Ambrose for the title ??

WWE is slowly getting back on track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I think it's great the cash in brief case happen so fast. I hear a lot of "O the brief case is just gone now, all those stories they could have done." Pretty much all they ever done is who ever has the brief case gets job out till they cash in and win out of no where. We never have a great set up for a 3 way at summer slam hopefully.

Advertisement