Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make up brushes

Options
  • 09-06-2016 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Looking for few new brushes, I only have real techniques or mac ones but can't afford to buy a couple mac ones at once at the mo. Can anyone recommend a brand? Are blank canvas, nima or fuschia any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I like Zoeva, good prices, great quality brushes, shorter handles and pretty designs. I've bought two sets myself so far and two sets as gifts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kelso_zoe

I have heard that 'Morphe Brushes' is a very popular choice for well known makeup artists. They have them on 'BeautyBay' which deliver to Ireland at free delivery for orders over €20. They are very good quality and the prices are excellent. Makeup artists like Jaclyn Hill and Manny MUA are huge fans of this brands and feature in their makeup tutorials. Definitely worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi OP!

I have loads of makeup but, shamefully, I only had five make-up brushes and they were scratchy and not very soft.

They also didn't do a very good job of blending my eyeshadows, so today I went out to Debenhams and got chatting to a girl on the BareMinerals counter.

She wasn't trying to sell me anything but I mentioned I needed new brushes.
    She asked ME what I needed, as opposed to her telling me what she thought I needed.

In the end I bought two blending eyeshadow brushes (€21.50 each) and a double-ended eyeshadow brush (one end for applying eyeshadow to the lid and the other end for applying eyeshadow to the corners of your eyes; you know like if you're doing a smokey look and you want to add a dark colour at the edges? That can also be used for blending under the eye, too. That brush was €28.50).

I was actually impressed with the prices, to be honest, as my previous brushes were just from a cheap make-up set from Boots and I was nervous going into Debenhams cos I was thinking they'd be mad money.

Anyway, I'm delighted with the brushes. Haven't used them as yet but they feel incredibly soft yet shaped lovely and I reckon I'll get ages out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Some of my favourite makeup brushes are from the following brands:

- Blank Canvas (F40, F20, F15, E42 are my favourites)
    - Buff and Blend ( I bought the set. Love and use every single brush that is included)
    - Nima Brush (The Nichola brush is one of my favourite brushes. It is an eye blender brush)
    - AYU Brush ( Love the buffer brush, contour brush and angled eye liner brush!)

Advertisement