Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pump recommendation...

Options
  • 09-06-2016 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Looking for a smaller pump for the back pocket... have a decent one but its too long and looks and feels dangerous in the back pocket dangling about...

something short with as much psi as possible..

any tech experts out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I have one of these which I use on the road and the mountainbike. I find it very good, it's easy to get up to 100psi and pumps a mtb tyre up in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Repeating a recent recommendation (link):
    Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini Pump for example - I have the small (170mm) link

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I have one of these.

http://www.swimcyclerun.com/pumps/topeak-race-rocket-pump.html

It's impressively small and neat and has done it's job for me once or twice. The snake style extension is great cos it screws on to the valve and is flexible so it isolates the some times delicate valve from ones furious back and forth pumping action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Topeak harpoon is ace for road wheels, has a mini high pressure sub-pump and a proper handle which are a godsend in cold weather. Mine is 10 years old and is way better than the leyzene mini pump thing I have (not that the lezyne is bad, just no where near as good/easy to get to a high pressure).

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

thanks for replies.. as said above, mine is about 10 years old, works fine, but when you go to look for one again it's a minefield out there... might try topeak.. handle sounds good, that said, I have a few lezyne lights and they make good stuff...

• Advertisement
Advertisement