Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say goodbye to Bradys Castleknock

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ruth will be standing by the community in further opposition. Will she lie down in front of the cement truck?

Has Coppinger ever been in favour of anything? Her stance on everything is always "disgraceful!" or "no!". There must be a way to be a left wing politician and not be completely negative about everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...They seem to be aimed at well paid professionals - many of them will be from outside of Ireland and they won't own cars.

People complain about the price of housing. Its is not being built for or aimed at them. There's plenty of professionals and students from outside who can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,897 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

beauf wrote: »
    #3 Being overlooked (devalue near by properties)

Nobody has a right to their property not being devalued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Polar101 wrote: »
    Has Coppinger ever been in favour of anything? Her stance on everything is always "disgraceful!" or "no!". There must be a way to be a left wing politician and not be completely negative about everything.

Labour tried it and look how that panned out.

The Coppingers, Paul Murphys and Clare Dalys of the world have figured out the dream scenario. Complain about everything but make no effort to be part of any solution. That way, you can never be held accountable if things don't pan out. And there are no shortage of people who fall for this.

Anyhoo... this co-living thing wouldn't be my ideal situation but a) it's hard to imagine a better location for it and b) doing more of what we've been doing isn't going to work, we have to try different models.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I remember when the big inflatable chef was on top we would drive by and my dad would tell me the guy from U2 Adam Clayton owns that place? Was that true? If so was he ever a frequent drinker there:confused:

• Advertisement

Nobody has a right to their property not being devalued.

So what? It's still why people complain. Valid or not.

Nobody has a right to housing.
    Nobody has right to live within walking distance of anything.
    Will we list all the things that aren't rights?

Rights...give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

If this goes ahead there will no doubt have to be residential parking permits introduced for the surrounding streets. It will be interesting to see if it will be legally possible for these so called short term lettings to be excluded from the permit scheme and if there will be an appetite within the council to exclude them.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I don't know if anyone is aware, but it's been resubmitted for planning as of the 19th of August. Decision due on the 8th of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,897 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

VonLuck wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone is aware, but it's been resubmitted for planning as of the 19th of August. Decision due on the 8th of December.

Heard that. Also heard that it was the exact same application. It seems the court case was lost on the basis of a procedural issue and that the court had no problem with the actual development. Bartra will just go again and ABP will get the procedure right.

• Advertisement

Need something about the height of the exo building.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Heard that. Also heard that it was the exact same application. It seems the court case was lost on the basis of a procedural issue and that the court had no problem with the actual development. Bartra will just go again and ABP will get the procedure right.

This has now happened and the application has been approved.

Among the conditions are that proposed accommodation at basement level were deemed of insufficient standard for dwelling and are to be replaced with additional leisure and domestic facilities for residents.

They should keep re-applying until they get it up another 10 stories. Eventually it will get approved. It would fit in with the hotel at Junction6 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

beauf wrote: »
    They should keep re-applying until they get it up another 10 stories. Eventually it will get approved. It would fit in with the hotel at Junction6 then.

Co-living applications won't be approved in the future, the government is making them ineligible for planning permission. Too late for this one.

Caranica wrote: »
    Co-living applications won't be approved in the future, the government is making them ineligible for planning permission. Too late for this one.

I think that's unfortunate and shortsighted.

They should by no means be the norm, but I've seen them work so well in big cities around the world for corporate lets, visiting students, contract workers etc etc. Ireland's problem with them is, we didn't define the parameters for a healthy density of them and mandate that they be of certain high standards. As usual, it was developer led and they will always take the p155.

The Minister of Housing has taken the lazy way out and instead of looking at all things in balance and context, he just went "naaaaah"...

Irish planning folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Larbre34 wrote: »
    This has now happened and the application has been approved.

Sorry, what?

This was approved? As in planning granted?

Edit yes, I missed this

www.thejournal.ie/bartra-co-living-planning-permission-castleknock-5295370-Dec2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Has the pub traded at all since COVID?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

What's the chances it will be a direct provision after 12 months?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

L1011 wrote: »

I don't think so, it was all boarded up when I passed by last weekend.

L1011 wrote: »

Hasn't traded in about four years, maybe longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I was there less than two years ago (I have a reason to know when!)... and I'm fairly sure it was open in 2019.

Licence was deleted which can be a temporary admin error but usually isn't so I assumed it had closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

It was open until first lockdown in March then shut up shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I bet people now really wish the original application for apartments proceded instead of this joke despite the huge amount of objections it received.

Question is though have Bartra Capital proceeded with any of their other co-living developments yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

IngazZagni wrote: »
    I bet people now really wish the original application for apartments proceded instead of this joke despite the huge amount of objections it received.
    Years back, someone commented that one should be careful what you object to because it could be worse later!

IngazZagni wrote: »

Question is though have Bartra Capital proceeded with any of their other co-living developments yet?

The one in Dun Laoghaire is under construction about 8 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Plenty of work vans in the car park the past couple of mornings.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody have an idea of the situation there now? Is it definitely being repurposed as apartments? Drove past it a couple of times and haven’t seen any movement.

id love to get in contact with someone responsible for it

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gio2

New planning application up today for 56 apartments

Advertisement