Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Press archives

Options
  • 09-06-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Does anyone know where I could get a reprint of a front page from the 1960s from the Irish Press? Don't even know where to start looking. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Try UCD library. They carry archives of Irish newspapers.

This database holds digitised archived regional and national Irish newspapers. This means that you can view the newspapers exactly as they would have appeared in their print version. Please note that this database is a work in progress. Its coverage is not always complete and some gaps occur. Its holdings include:
    Freeman’s Journal 1763-1924
    Irish Independent 1905-2001, 2010-2011
    Irish Press 1931-1995
    Irish Farmers Journal 1957-1998
    Nation 1842-1897
    Sunday Independent 1906-2002, 2010-2011

So they should have what you are looking for - good luck.

Edit: Try the National Library as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fsfop

Try UCD library. They carry archives of Irish newspapers.

This database holds digitised archived regional and national Irish newspapers. This means that you can view the newspapers exactly as they would have appeared in their print version. Please note that this database is a work in progress. Its coverage is not always complete and some gaps occur. Its holdings include:
    Freeman’s Journal 1763-1924
    Irish Independent 1905-2001, 2010-2011
    Irish Press 1931-1995
    Irish Farmers Journal 1957-1998
    Nation 1842-1897
    Sunday Independent 1906-2002, 2010-2011

So they should have what you are looking for - good luck.

Edit: Try the National Library as well.

Would I get in to UCD library if I'm not a student? And is it possible to copy the records there? Thank you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Fsfop wrote: »
    Would I get in to UCD library if I'm not a student? And is it possible to copy the records there? Thank you

Phone and ask them. Try the National Library as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fsfop

Phone and ask them. Try the National Library as well.

Great. Thanks. I'll give them a call on Monday

Advertisement