Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docklands 5k - July 14, 2016 @ 7:30pm

Options
  • 09-06-2016 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭

388310.png

The Crusaders AC docklands race is back again this summer.

This year we will be descending on the docklands on the evening of Thursday 14 July. The date was changed to avoid clashes with other downtown events, but the fast, flat, out-and-back course remains unchanged after last year's very successful race.

You can enter as an individual or in teams of 3 (all male, all female, or any combination you like). Entry is €20 (individual), €60 (team) plus a small €1 processing fee. For your fee you can expect a well organised and marshalled race, chip-timing, bag drop, and water at the finish area. Finally, yes, you will also receive a fetching, high quality technical tee shirt. :)

Crusaders Athletic Club will use all the proceeds from the event to further enhance the sport facilities at Irishtown Stadium to cater for the growing demand placed upon the facilities as the Docklands area continues to develop as a residential and business community.

Entries close on July 10th or when we reach our limit of 3,000 runners, so get in early to avoid disappointment!

Link to the route here.

More information on our race website at http://www.docklands5k.com/

Registration link here.

Last year's event thread is here.

Hope to see everyone there. If any questions, we will do our best to answer them here. For more information about the club, please visit our general website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Our shirt this year is in fashionable grey. :)

388312.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mikmon

Good fast pb course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 e_kenny

Lets hope the weather is as nice as it was last year for the race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Really enjoyed this last year.

Big fan of midweek races!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Crusaders AC are delighted to announce that we will once again have pacers at this year's Docklands 5K race:D:D:D
    20, 25 and 30 minutes..... so no excuse for you not to chase that PB on our fast, flat course! The one and only Mr Stew is organising the pacers and he will be pacing the 30 minute group, he'll be joined by 5 more fun and enthusiastic CRUmembers (2 each band).

Make sure to keep an eye on our Facebook page to keep up to date with closing date for entries, competitions etc.
    https://www.facebook.com/crusaders5k/?fref=ts

• Advertisement

Not long to go now, but still time to enter.

Race number and tee shirt collection will take place at the Spencer Hotel on Tues, Weds, and Thurs from 11am-5pm.

Erdinger have come on board as a sponsor with FREE BEER (non-alcoholic, but still beer!) at the finish line for all participants.

There will be a bag drop in Grand Canal Square, a short walk from the start line.

Good luck to all participants, and feel free to ask if any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Hey Murph_D,
    Just wondering if there's any way to collect race numbers outside of those times? The joys of work means I won't be able to get in. Or can I get family/friend to collect it?
    Thanks!

Hi Fifa - yes, you can get someone else to collect your number. They'll just need your full name and a copy of your registration receipt/confirmation.

Number collection extended to 6:30pm tonight and Thursday night at the Spencer Hotel gym on Excise Walk, North Quays (entrance opposite Cafe Nero).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Don't forget you can still sign up today. I'll be out cheering. Good luck to those racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

There are over 60 from my workplace doing this, big crowd heading down

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Really enjoyed this. Enjoyable flat course and knocked a minute off my best 5k time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Another really well run race. I was in the sub-20 area, and marthastew and the pacers did a great job of making sure everybody there was in the right place. The race start was entirely uncongested, no weaving or bumping at all. Great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Massive thanks and very well done to all who supported our race, we really, really enjoyed it and are thrilled that it was another huge success this year.
    Anyone involved in organising races will know how much work goes in to these events but we are very lucky in Crusaders to have so many wonderful members. James and the organising team did an amazing job and things ran very smoothly. I was on duty at the start and finish areas and it was an absolute joy to see so many happy people crossing the finish line.
    All profits from the race will go towards building new facilities at Irishtown stadium so it's so great to see the money going back in to Athletics.
    See you all next year:D:D:D

Singer wrote: »
    Another really well run race. I was in the sub-20 area, and marthastew and the pacers did a great job of making sure everybody there was in the right place. The race start was entirely uncongested, no weaving or bumping at all. Great job!

It was our pleasure! I'm delighted you had such a fantastic run, congrats on the super PB!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Marthastew wrote: »
    Massive thanks and very well done to all who supported our race, we really, really enjoyed it and are thrilled that it was another huge success this year.
    Anyone involved in organising races will know how much work goes in to these events but we are very lucky in Crusaders to have so many wonderful members. James and the organising team did an amazing job and things ran very smoothly. I was on duty at the start and finish areas and it was an absolute joy to see so many happy people crossing the finish line.
    All profits from the race will go towards building new facilities at Irishtown stadium so it's so great to see the money going back in to Athletics.
    See you all next year:D:D:D

It was our pleasure! I'm delighted you had such a fantastic run, congrats on the super PB!:D:D

Will definitely be recommending this race and lining up again! Everything went very smoothly and well organised with a good course too. Nice to run in the city centre for a change and the start area was very tidily organised with not too much congestion. Congrats to all involved at crusaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Seconded on the thanks. Good little hustle, well organized.

Advertisement