Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

title deeds and other documents

Options
  • 09-06-2016 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

when I paid off my mortgage my bank gave me the title deeds and tons of other documents (planning permission, fire certificates, the building agreement between the contractor and the first owner, architect opinions, maps, leases, certificate of incorporation on change of name, booklet of title) most of the documents have the date of 2003 (when the apartment block was built but there are documents dated year 1960. Should I keep all of them?it a lot of paper and my place it is small. I bought the apartment in 2007 should I keep only the document related to my purchase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Keep everything, best put it in a safety deposit box or with your solicitor. I'd also make a digital copy for your own records

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

Definitely keep all the documents - most of them will be required in order to sell the property in the future. The planning documents and architect's opinion on compliance are extremely important and can be expensive to replace.

Advertisement