Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Brake Pads

• 09-06-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

What brake pads do you all recommend? Anyone use brembo road pads? Any good?

I have an amazon voucher that would see me paying £40 for a set for my front callipers instead of £60 so think if they're better than EBC/SBS then why not.

Also, do I need to use copper grease on the backs if my street triple has anti squeal plates?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    What brake pads do you all recommend? Anyone use brembo road pads? Any good?

I have an amazon voucher that would see me paying £40 for a set for my front callipers instead of £60 so think if they're better than EBC/SBS then why not.

Also, do I need to use copper grease on the backs if my street triple has anti squeal plates?

Never had experience with Brembo brake pads, I've always put EBC pads on my bike and cannot fault them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Brymbo are great on the road. But I'd be slow to buy online. Are they really or fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

EBC's Double h's front and back, great stopping, longer life, may wear your disks down a bit quicker due to the fact they have more metal in the pads.Might be more expensive but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Brymbo are great on the road. But I'd be slow to buy online. Are they really or fake

If you buy from a good seller there's no issue..:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I've been using Ferodo for years. I'd be happy to use Brembo too. (Never occurred to me there might be fakes online)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've used brembo in the past. Found them great. Changed back to EBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Brymbo would be fake anyway... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Esel wrote: »
    Brymbo would be fake anyway... :)

Not if you were australian mate......:p.......or Brimbo if your from Cork....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not if you were australian mate......:p.......or Brimbo if your from Cork....:)
    Prisint for Crimbo thin, eh? :)

TLS FTW - Cable, not highbollix....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

I've used EBC, SBS and lately Carbone Lorraine (CL Brakes) and found them all very good. I think Carbone Lorraine lasted the longest with the same stopping power as others. At the moment though I'm using OEM Nissin pads on my VFR and they're great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement