Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

StreetPass Donegal 10/9/16

• 09-06-2016 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

[font=arial, sans-serif]Hi guys! StreetPass Donegal is finally happening! Here's some words about the event, taken from the event page :[/font]

"Taking place at the wonderful, state-of-the-art Exchange community centre in Buncrana, we invite 3DS fans to come, talk a load off, and, ofcourse, collect those delicious StreetPass hits (protip : these should be plentiful on the day).

Activities will include :

- multiplayer 3DS gaming in all your favourites (Mario Kart 7, Pokémon, MH4U etc)
    - an available Wii U to play[*]gaming-related contests with awesome prizes
    - a raffle
    - general relaxing/getting to know your fellow Nintendo fans (at it's heart the event is a meet up after all)

Nintendo are providing us with the prizes, as well as supporting us in bringing this event to you.

So! If you love Nintendo and can feasibly make it to Buncrana at the specified time and date please do come along. We look forward to meeting you!”

It's going to take place on September 10th between 1pm – 5. Hope some of you will be able to make it!

I can't post the event link as I'm a new user and don't have that priv yet... but if you Google it you will find our Facebook event page, containing all the details. Please RSVP there if you can, it REALLY helps us when people do (and could potentially lead to more activities/prizes from the bigwigs)

PS. we have a spare set of the games from the Humble Bundle lower tier which we're planning on giving away on the day, in addition to loads of Nintendo swag we've been hoarding".

Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/252901741736389

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Nintendo wouldn't be Nintendo if it would not something stupid.

Cool event and I would love to go to it for mh4 alone. But but donegal?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Would have been a good excuse for going back to Inishowen for a weekend, but I'll be heading off elsewhere that day!

Hope it goes well. I've edited the link to the Facebook page into your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nevermind Donegal, fecking Buncrana? Would be interested in going were it in an accessible area

• Registered Users Posts: 22 HelenBaby

Star Lord wrote: »
    Would have been a good excuse for going back to Inishowen for a weekend, but I'll be heading off elsewhere that day!

Hope it goes well. I've edited the link to the Facebook page into your post.
    Thank you!

Apologies for the double post

[font=arial, sans-serif]A fair few potential guests have expressed an interest in staying over. TBH we're thinkin of going for a drink or 3 with those attendees who are 18+ anyways. My point? Why not make a weekend of it?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Here's a list of the hotels in Buncrana :[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]St Columbs House (5 star). Price range: 76 - 92[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Town Clock B&B (4.5 stars) : Average price is 51 per night[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Caldra B&B : (4 star). Average pricet is 62.50 per night[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The Central, Buncrana (4 star). Average price is 63 per night.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Lissadell B&B (4 star) : Average price is 39 per night[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Inishowen Gateway Hotel (3 star) : Average price is 54 per night[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]The Harbour Inn (3 star) : Average price is 43 per night[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]St.Bridgets Bed and Breakfast (3 star) : Average price is 47 per night[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Westbrook House B & B (3 star). Couldn't see average price.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Lake of Shadows Hotel (2 star) : Average price is 35 per night[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I've removed all links. My postcount is still very low, so I don't yet have the option of including links! We'll add the list to our event page soon[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For those complaining about us doing this in Buncrana, Donegal :[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]1) We have our reasons (for a start we're volunteers, and this happens to coincide with a trip we'd be making anyway)[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]2) More popular destinations, such as Dublin (infact especially Dublin) get pretty much every event going. We believe the North West deserves some love also. Dubliners are hardly 3DS-starved, what with Monster Hunter Ireland and Smash Ireland regularly holding events there![/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]3) If you live in or near Dublin you should totally join Monster Hunter Ireland and Smash Ireland, as they're awesome![/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]4) Buncrana really isn't difficult to get to at all, especially from Derry. Would post a link that would help you all plot your routes, but we've already established why this isn't possible sadly![/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah now, it's minimum a 7 hour journey from Galway, 3 and a half hours from Sligo which is the closest big town in the Republic.

I was going off www.getthere.ie, according to it you can't even be on time coming from Galway or Sligo unless you go up on Friday.

Anyways I'm not here to be a negative yoke as per usual and I do wish the event goes well and we do have more of them on our western front :)

Link to the Buncrana Trivago page for any interested

Best of luck with the weekend Helen :)

Agreed that is far, Digital Solitude! Thank you for the good wishes

I am pleased to announce that Capcom are supporting this event! They have given me a box of Monster Hunter goodies to give away on the day. There should be some Monster Hunter fans about on the day to hunt with if you're so inclined

Once again, if you're considering coming please, please, please RSVP as it helps us immeasurably. We're actually going to give away a 3DS indie game to one random Yes RSVPer when the Yes RSVPs hit 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JoeyMcGriggin

Heya!

I heard that there are going to be some people there playing Pokemon Go/there will be lures dropped on the day. Please confirm or deny! Might have to pop down...

Confirmed!

In addition to dropping lures we have been speaking with Pokemon Go Ireland about coming down. They aren't able to commit at this time, but are going to try their best to come on down! Same with Monster Hunter Ireland ^^

In addition to Capcom and Nintendo ; Yelp are also supporting the event! They have given us 2 portable powerpacks (which are perfect for keeping your 3DSes/mobiles juiced when on the road), which we've added to our now heaving prizepile!

There's now an article on GeekPressUK about our event. We're also featured on TechCentral.ie and InishowenNews! There are a few others who have told me they will cover us in August...

If any of you know any people that work for media outlets please have a word with them about covering our event. I sent out a mass email to about 30 a few months back, but only a few got back... we really need more publicity >.< Oh, and please, just, spread the word in general haha. We've got a nice little group confirmed as going already, but the more the merrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JoeyMcGriggin

I heard you on the latest Tech Central ie podcast talking about the event Helen! (to hear her interview skip to 21:30)

• Advertisement
Advertisement