Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity supplier

Options
  • 09-06-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

What would be the cheapest electricity supplier in Dublin?
    I would like hassle free for debit card, so i can pay online, and not to be charged from my account.

I`m am currently with electric ireland, but those guys after i have blocked all the direct debit, they sent me some letters that i have to pay 300 euro deposit or they would stop supply the electricity for me.

This, after they simply could not solve a problem over the phone, where suggested to email them, and still not solved my issue with the bill, reason for i blocked the direct debit.

So, i`m thinking to switch with another supplier, where i can pay the bill normal, like other utilities (internet, tv, phone) where i can pay online whenever i can within a period after bill was issued.

Any suggestion?

Thank you!
    Andrei

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Not the right section in boards, however I believe they are all the same now, with DD or the deposit because too many folk have ripped them off.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/electricity/

Compares prices but to get the best discounts you will have to pay direct debit. If you dont want to pay direct debit then you will have to pay deposit for 12/14 months depending on supplier.

Would you consider payg where you can use debit card online, or setup automatically topup of X amount from your debit card when balance reaches X amount:> https://electricireland.ie/residential/products/electricity-and-gas-offers/smarter-pay-as-you-go

If you pay bill direct debit it will be cheaper as they give discounts for doing so.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hi OP, I have moved your thread from Electrical to Consumer Issues. The Electrical forum is more about the function of electricity over the supplier selection of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No DD means a deposit with all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement