Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV services - potential new customer

Options
  • 09-06-2016 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been considering moving my tv service from one of your rivals.

However, having spoken to a couple of your existing customers and read various comments online, it seems that the key negative comments are with regards to your EPG and TV "box".

Do you have plans to upgrade the EPG service and quality / performance of your TV "box" anytime soon or has this been done recently (anyone I have spoken to, have been a customer for over 6 months so I'm hoping they just have an older system) ?

Many thanks.

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been considering moving my tv service from one of your rivals.

However, having spoken to a couple of your existing customers and read various comments online, it seems that the key negative comments are with regards to your EPG and TV "box".

Do you have plans to upgrade the EPG service and quality / performance of your TV "box" anytime soon or has this been done recently (anyone I have spoken to, have been a customer for over 6 months so I'm hoping they just have an older system) ?

Many thanks.
    Hi garrettod,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There was an STB upgrade last week included some EPG-related improvements:
    • Fix for recording of duplicate episodes of some series e.g. Top Gear. Fix for problem that prevented a new series recording of a series that had been recorded that way before;
    • Fix for flickering in the Programme Synopsis (Multiroom only);
    • And various other minor fixes e.g. smoother fast-forwarding;

I would recommend popping into one of our stores and trying the service out for yourself. There’s no substitute for getting hands on the remote. :)

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

• Fix for recording of duplicate episodes of some series e.g. Top Gear. Fix for problem that prevented a new series recording of a series that had been recorded that way before;

I would recommend popping into one of our stores and trying the service out for yourself. There’s no substitute for getting hands on the remote. :)

-Pamela

Thanks Pamela,

I have had a go a few months back, actually tried a friends one subsequently, but you are right about getting your hands on a remote and actually putting the system to the test so with the upgrades I will give it another go.

Would I be correct in thinking all upgrades happen automatically, once the person leaves their box connected and turned on (standby) ?

Whats STB stand for, btw ?

Thanks.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

STB= set top box .

All eir modems and tv boxes get auto updates as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

garrettod wrote: »

-Pamela

Thanks Pamela,

I have had a go a few months back, actually tried a friends one subsequently, but you are right about getting your hands on a remote and actually putting the system to the test so with the upgrades I will give it another go.

Would I be correct in thinking all upgrades happen automatically, once the person leaves their box connected and turned on (standby) ?

Whats STB stand for, btw ?

Thanks.
    No problem  garrettod :)
    Yes jay93 is correct the box should update automatically.

-Pamela 

Advertisement