Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union

• 09-06-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to pull from peoples experience here.

I have an existing CU Loan that I have been paying off for a couple of years. Does anyone know if it would be possible to "top up" the loan back to the original amount that I borrowed or does the loan balance have to be cleared and start over with a fresh loan?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Talk to your CU. Each may have its own T & Cs but should be fine to top up a loan if it is all in order.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It'd probably depend on how much the outstanding balance is. If you've been making all your repayments on time then it couldn't hurt to ask. I topped up a CU loan after about 6 months because we had an unexpected expense (car trouble) and when we explained the circumstances we got the top up without any trouble.

Advertisement