Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterville park-double yellow lines

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

I knew this would happen eventually as there were residents parking all along that road and making it difficult for buses and other traffic to pass. But, that whole stretch of road is now double yellow lines. Waterville is a lovely park with a great kids playground and brilliant for dog walking. Seems unfair to pretty much now only allow people within walking distance access to it, otherwise you risk getting clamped.

There's next to no parking down Mill Road either. Have they accommodated parking access elsewhere does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We bring the kids there quite regularly to feed the ducks and let them use the playground, but if theres no parking now thats the end of that, such a shame to have a park like that available to such a small catchment area.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Actually there is a small amount of parking I stand corrected. The old turn off to the Hospital has no double yellow lines which is something at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Don't think it was residents parking there, it was hospital visitors who didn't want to pay parking charges at the hospital most of the time. They also park in Waterville and have been causing issues in some clusters.

I'm glad the lines have gone in, that road was practically one lane most of the time. I was wondering about park users though. Maybe they'll start parking in Waterville now. Vicious circle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I would love to be able to bring my daughter to that park but because of the lack of access ( Disabled parking) It is a no go. A shame because it is a lovely park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Knine wrote: »
    I would love to be able to bring my daughter to that park but because of the lack of access ( Disabled parking) It is a no go. A shame because it is a lovely park.

At the very top entrance (right turn to the Hospital) there's a new disabled parking sign gone up on the gate so looks like you can now park right outside it. Just that one entrance though by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

anniehoo wrote: »
    At the very top entrance (right turn to the Hospital) there's a new disabled parking sign gone up on the gate so looks like you can now park right outside it. Just that one entrance though by the looks of it.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Delighted the double yellows went in finally. The number of people that didn't want to pay the fees to park in the hospital so decided to park on the road there had kept increasing constantly to the point where it was like a single lane road most days.

I noticed that it was starting to cause issues for Dublin Bus as well so I wouldn't be surprised if they threatened to change the route if something wasn't done to shift the parked cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

A real loss to Blanchardstown to have now made this park so difficult to access by so many people. Surely a single line or paid parking would have eased the problems rather than just removing the right to park near a playground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

AlanG wrote: »
    A real loss to Blanchardstown to have now made this park so difficult to access by so many people. Surely a single line or paid parking would have eased the problems rather than just removing the right to park near a playground.

Road is too narrow for that.

Advertisement