Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage units with collection?

Options
  • 09-06-2016 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hello,

I have around 4 80 litre boxes that I need to put into storage for 2-3 months. I don't drive and need some group who will collect as well.

I want to ask if you have any recommendations for a storage company? Any experience to share? There are so many online but I don't know which to go with. :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Well, I had a really bad ordeal storing my stuff. I am writing this post to report on my experience with SpaceWays who do collections, storage and moving belongings. The driver was supposed to turn up on Thursday between 4pm and 7pm in Central London to collect my prepacked boxes as agreed with the operator on the phone and which I booked correctly on the website. The driver turns up and delivers 4 Spaceways boxes which I did not order or want at about 7:45pm all the while not bothering to make any contact with me. I had no idea they were in the buliding and I am not exactly going to stand down in the reception area for 4 hours. A short phonecall would have avoided all the trouble.

The driver was supposed to turn up between 4pm and 7pm to collect my boxes which I left at the front door. This is what was agreed but clearly he did not bother to read the order correctly.

So then I try to reach customer service. The drivers are only out from 4pm-10pm and the customer service is from 9am to 5pm which is a total mess. If there is a problem at the time of collection or delivery and the driver can't be arsed to contact you then you need to wait until the next day to sort it out.

I rang customer support at least 25 times before I got through to anyone on Friday morning. I had to leave early on Friday and was told that the boxes could only be collected from 4-7pm at the earliest; no use for me as I was leaving before this time. This left me in a real scramble to find some place to store my stuff. After much hassle I got my stuff in storage but it was very stressful and cost me a lot more.

My advice for those looking for storage is to avoid SpaceWays; the price looks great but the service and customer support is very shoddy. When I got through to the woman on customer support I wanted an explanation for the fcukup and she was of no use. I had to insist that she cancel my order.

Maybe if you have plenty of time to spare SpaceWays would be ok, but if you are looking for someone reliable, based on my experience I would suggest you look at other providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thanks for the update. What type prices are we talking?

I had to out my room belongings for a few weeks not so long ago myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

SpaceWays quoted me £6 per box each month so £24 in total for the 4 boxes per month and £72 for the total of my time in storage plus £19 for redelivery when I want them back so £91 in total which I could not avail of in the end.

I had to get a room with Urban Storage near Old Street and I am likely to pay about £200 quid or so in total but I can access the storage room if I want and I had to buy the padlock from them. This does not include the cost of the taxi there and I will also have to collect the stuff when I want it back. The room I ended up having to take is barely half full so lots of dead space but because it so late I just had no choice but to take what was offered. With self storage you need to actually manouever the stuff to your storage room as well so there is the extra hassle of that and paperwork to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

I used LoveSpace before and they were efficient and cheap.

Advertisement