Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ear muffs for spec wearer

Options
  • 09-06-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All,

I wear spec doing the gardening and I find the ear muffs press the spec against my head which over of a long period (5-6 hours) can become very uncomfortable.

Is there a particular pair ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I use
    3M PELTOR Optime II Headband Style Ear Defenders
    I wear glasses and don't have a problem.
    I presume they are prescription glasses and not safety glasses, if safety then get goggles.

Having said that 5/6 hrs at a time is a bit much: David Beggs and Jack O'Connor wont approve

What about getting a garden set of glasses with different ear lugs?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

yes 3M peltors too, and I have an extra sponge inside each muff. I have worked with them for 6 hours and dont really think theres a way round the spec's becomming uncomfortable and leaving a mark. The muffs need a certain amount of pressure to seal off the ear. Any gap and you'll know all about it after a few hours if working with a loud noise.

I wear these type of ear plugs as well as the muffs when using machinery, maby you could just use ear plugs on their own. They are effective when inserted into the ear correctly. there are also waxy ear plugs but I've never used them.

s-l1000.jpg

Advertisement