Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Onto A New Rental Property

Options
  • 09-06-2016 3:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have some questions hoping that more experienced people can assist me with

I have been renting an apartment for 2 years this week, but looking to move into a neighboring town for college purposes. It's been a 6 month contract each time but since December 15 there has been no lease, just a continuation on rent per month as normal.

I'm just a little confused as I don't have a lease to refer to and without a lease is their risks for landlord or Tenant?

How much notice am I due to give my landlord about moving? And what kind of tenenacy am I on without a lease?

Thank for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Between 1 and 2 years it's 42 days notice, more than 2 years it's 56 days you need to give.

Not having a lease does not matter you are on a part iv tenancy since your first 6 months ended.

Advertisement