Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo 3DS downloaded software not displayed

• 09-06-2016 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hello and thank you in advance

A few days ago i turned on my 3ds and i noticed the games i had purchased were missing from the home menu.The games are stored on an SD card inserted in the device and when i go into data management all the games are displayed there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is it a new 3DS by any chance? Or an SD card with games from another 3DS? If so, it wouldn't be able to play them as they're not associated with that console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Try removing and reinserting the SD card maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The above suggestions are sensible.
    This suggestion is not, but they've covered the obvious.

If you're able to see the software in Data Management \ Nintendo 3DS \ Software -> make sure the folders are mostly hundreds if not thousands of blocks in size. Only the gameboy games are measured in 10s of blocks. If the games all look tiny, you may have deleted all the content and just kept the saves. Don't ask me how you go about that. But use the option to backup saves, then redownload one game and recover the save data for it, see if that works.

If you can only see the games in Streetpass, you may have uninstalled the games. Reinstall them and prepare to start over...

But, and this is really stupid, if you see game folders that are hundreds and thousands of blocks in size, the games are still there. If reseating the card hasn't helped, and if the card is genuinely the one that goes with this console (downloads are encrypted to a specific console) then press the icon in the top right that looks like 4 squares a bunch of times and then press left on the pad/stick a few times. You may have just scrolled too far right.

Also, check that you haven't dumped all your games into a folder accidentally. Or created a folder and opened that but not put anything into it. Like I said, the previous two mails have the good suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rpeglar

Hello

Thank you for the responses recieved so far unfortunately none of them have solved my issue.
    I have contacted nintendo about it . I have just seen that the ones that i can see displayed have an orange box around the number of blocks while the rest are grey...

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Give a couple of examples of the games that show Orange vs the Gray ones - is this a parental restriction maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 rpeglar

Youtube is one showed in orange which i can see displayed/and then Tetris is shown in grey which is not displayed

Advertisement