Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic waste collection in Limerick

• 09-06-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Currently with Aes, but got a letter in the post saying their pulling out my area at the end of the month. Pity as never had any issues with them. Any recommendations as to who's the most reliable / reasonably priced out there at the moment. Would need full sized bins including decent sized brown bin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think they are all around the same price wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

What part of Limerick are you in? I'm with AES and got no such letter? Are they pulling out of the entire Limerick area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

davo2001 wrote: »
    What part of Limerick are you in? I'm with AES and got no such letter? Are they pulling out of the entire Limerick area?

the letter says they reviewed the limerick area and as a result of changes in legislation they've decided to pull out of my area.
    If that means my part of Limerick or all of Limerick I don't know,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'm with them too, but didn't get a letter or text. Where's your area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭d1980

I am too. Got no letter. Am in the suburbs.

• Advertisement

Sorry lads. Didn't mean to scare monger. The letter really is unclear, as to whether it's just part of, or all Limerick. But their definitely pulling out of at least some of Limerick at a minimum and their blaming the introduction of the new pay by weight legislation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Sorry lads. Didn't mean to scare monger. The letter really is unclear, as to whether it's just part of, or all Limerick. But their definitely pulling out of at least some of Limerick at a minimum and their blaming the introduction of the new pay by weight legislation.
    So in short the area in which I'm based, needs to find a new provider

And what area is that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭d1980

The new legislation isn't being brought in. Nothing to stop them increasing, reducing their prices to increase sales but maybe they couldn't be bothered.

d1980 wrote: »
    maybe they couldn't be bothered.

Rang them this morning. I think if you didn't get a letter, it doesn't affect you. they've just cherry picked the best Limerick routes and cut whatever didnt suit. I asked why my area or route ? and was told it was a depot manager decision. Good news is their giving me thirty days to find an alternative provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Gotta say with recycle right find them excellent and the reminder text I get is a godsend tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

+1 for recycle right
    We have been using them for the past 3 years, great service.

+1 for recycle right
    We have been using them for the past 3 years, great service.

I was reading old threads, were they the original owners of mrbinman ? If so, they were decent people and I wouldn't have any issue using them.

I was reading old threads, were they the original owners of mrbinman ? If so, they were decent people and I wouldn't have any issue using them.

Yes, they sold the company a while back. The father got sick and his sons set up a new company.

elmolesto wrote: »
    Yes, they sold the company a while back. The father got sick and his sons set up a new company.

Perfect, I'll give them a buzz so, and arrange to switch over,
    Thanks !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Their is a bin strike in France today, hope the same won't happen for Limerick.

Advertisement