Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: bargain ladies road bike

Options
  • 09-06-2016 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Looking for really good quality, light ladies road bike at bargain price. Max 1000 euro. Somewhere selling last year's stock would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have you looked into the cycle to work scheme?

If not taking part I would be looking at uk sites, chainreationcycles, winstanleys, wiggle. Might be worth looking on the cycling forum too, esp. in that price range.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CK701

rubadub wrote: »
    Have you looked into the cycle to work scheme?

If not taking part I would be looking at uk sites, chainreationcycles, winstanleys, wiggle. Might be worth looking on the cycling forum too, esp. in that price range.

Thanks. I will indeed be buying via the scheme but just hoping to get the most out of it! Any brand recommendations/ any to avoid? Or do you know any good Irish shops for sales, bargains etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has your company definitely agreed to do it? as they are not obliged. In many larger companies like banks etc they might have only a few shops that they will allow you to buy from, as its easier for them on paper work etc.

The downside of this is that the shops then have less incentive to offer discounts to you, or throw in extras. Though some big companies might have agreed a discount.

I would expect around 10% off the list price of most bikes, especially if going to a grand. If others are buying at the same time you might arrange a better discount, and accounts might prefer to deal with several orders all at once.

I would not know much about road bikes, let alone ladies ones so would recommend asking in the cycling forum

Advertisement