Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 to B2 Visa - help!

Options
  • 09-06-2016 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Does anyone on here have any experience with the B2 Visa? How long does the process take? How do you apply? What are the odds of it being rejected?

I'm currently at the tail end of my 1 year J1 intern visa and would like to extend my stay here.

I'm in this years' H1B lottery, but have yet to hear the outcome. I'd like to have this as a backup if it isn't granted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It takes 4-6 weeks usually to get an interview appointment.
    It is very hard for someone who can use the VWP to get a B2, because they will wonder why you need to be travelling and doing tourism stuff for 6 months, and how you manage that without working. Keep in mind that if you apply and get denied for the B2, you can no longer use the VWP.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

silja wrote: »
    Keep in mind that if you apply and get denied for the B2, you can no longer use the VWP.

Could you elaborate more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

jme2010 wrote: »
    Could you elaborate more on this?

The VWP asks you if you've ever been denied a US visa.

You'd probably get a holiday visa without a problem but you'd have the hassle of applying.

Advertisement