Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps question

Options
  • 09-06-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I feel a bit stupid here and cant figure this out. I have a very small teeny weeny business but I need people (working volunteers) to be able to find the location. I have recently registered with google maps and when I search on google maps with the name it brings me straight to it....great, just what I wanted. However I also have an Instagram account and I need to be able to add it as a location when I post on Instagram. I also need for our working volunteers to be able to add is as a location when using their social media. Its not coming up as an option and not coming up on Instagram location options when I search for it, I can locate the local area, the townland, the local pub, the river but not my business location. Any ideas, thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Read the help menu on Instagram.....you have to create the location on Facebook first before it shows up on Instagram. The help menu gives you detailed instructions on how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks, I dont use Facebook but guess I will have to.

Ive opened a Facebook page and giving details but it has a map with the pin in the wrong place, abot 40km form where I am and I cant change it. Its still not coming up on Facebook or Instagram as a location.

I got it, thanks.

Advertisement