Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Box and VCR Connections

Options
  • 09-06-2016 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

**I hope this is the right forum for this as it is to do with a Sky Box and the video forum looks about as dead as video.**

Before I got a new Sky+HD Box with Wifi last year I had the (now very old) white Sky Box with S-video connection. My setup included the Sky Box, DVD Player, AV Receiver and a VCR (yes it still worked fine!) as well as an old Sony TV with scart .There all about 10 years old now apart from the newer Sky Box, and a new HDTV. Anyway thats the back history to give you a picture in your heads. My problem now is first of all I cant remember exactly what way I had the cables connected (ageing process!!), but I can get no playback from the VCR. I can get live sound when I switch the receiver to the VCR/DVR channel but no picture or sound from the VCR. The old receiver has S-video connection but the Sky Box has HDMI. Before I used a scart converter on the VCR to connect everything to the receiver. When I got the Sky Box last year I also had to get a S-video to HDMI converter to connect to the tv. Hopefully this makes sense to somebody and if you need anymore info bout cables etc just ask.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Your setup looks complicated. You should get someone from the TV trade to visit and have a look at your setup. Have you a smartphone to photograph the back of your setup and post the pic on this thread. Does the your Sky HD box have a Scart socket. This box should be connected directly to your new HD tv using a hdmi cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hojphotography

Update: Well I dont know how it is working now but it is working!!! I'm getting sound and picture using the hdmi2 port on the tv. I was sure I tried it this way in the past few days but who knows. The scart is going from the sky box to the vcr and from the vcr the s-video and audio is going back into the vcr/dvr In port on the receiver, so all is good in the end.

• Company Representative Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Sky Ireland: Jenny

Hi hojphotography,

I'm glad to here your issue is now resolved. If you ever need any assistance in the future we would be more than happy to offer assistance. You can get in touch with us through the Sky Forum here

I hope you have a great day.

Kind Regards,
    Jenny

Advertisement