Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reservoir Dog returns on 04-Sept - and it still bites!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

andy69 wrote: »
    Just checking....are the 125 and 50k both rolling out at 9am?

Hi Andy69 - The 125km Dog event rolls out at 9am while the 50km Pup event rolls out at 9.30am. Resistration and Sign - on is open from 7.30am for both events.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What time and Whats for breakfast???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

retalivity wrote: »
    What time and Whats for breakfast???

7am, porridge, at the house prior to setting off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

smacl wrote: »

That's a nice touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Corker1 wrote: »
    Hi Andy69 - The 125km Dog event rolls out at 9am while the 50km Pup event rolls out at 9.30am. Resistration and Sign - on is open from 7.30am for both events.

cool, thanks! Looking forward to it :)

• Advertisement

smacl wrote: »

I take it that Smacl meant porridge at his house. Just need to find out where he lives now to feed the masses ;)

Though seriously there will be a light breakfast of tea/coffee scone or cake / biscuits / bannanas at registration. We thought about providing porrige but then Goldilocks came to mind :D

ronoc wrote: »
    Will there be registration on the day? Think I might give it a go.

On the day registration is an option Ronoc. But online registration is easier all round and you could win a 24 bottle case of craft beer:) Registration / sign on opens at 7.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The decision has been made for me. The Ambrosio Shimano/Campy cassette on my Roadbike has a bent sprocket...

More excuse to hang on the back I suppose.

Some supernatural force doesn't want me to do a Reservoir Cogs sportive.

So far I've had three mechanicals and one case of salmonella vs 3 events I've signed on for.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Looks like there is no backing out of doing this now!! I have no excuses. Its Gonna be fun. Due to one thing and another have not done a long event like this in close to 2 years. Few club mates from VCB plan to do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

On the day registration is an option Ronoc. Registration/signup opens at 7.30am.

Great to hear,roll ups allowed on the day! Just have to get family organised and hopefully see you all on Sunday morning with my cash in hand!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

The decision has been made for me. The Ambrosio Shimano/Campy cassette on my Roadbike has a bent sprocket...

More excuse to hang on the back I suppose.

Some supernatural force doesn't want me to do a Reservoir Cogs sportive.

So far I've had three mechanicals and one case of salmonella vs 3 events I've signed on for.
    Salmonella huh, the old emergency weight loss technique used by the ancients prior to a hilly sportive. Two tyres and one spare still going up the hill here, hope to see you Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Went up past the cemetery and onto Cunard up to the military road yesterday evening. Not quite the same climb as Sunday I realised, but still a beast. Hadn't done it in ages and fancied the psychological boost of getting it done.
    Felt pretty decent, bit of a headwind for most of it, but managed to keep a nice pace going.
    Some mess up there tho, with kids bikes, electrical equipment etc dumped everywhere. Shameful stuff really.
    A mere 30k outing, shortest I've done since March, but really enjoyed it, short and sweet.
    500m of climbing and 23.8 avg (wrong thread!)

The route on strava if anyone is interested to see the segments.
    https://www.strava.com/routes/6378900

I had to fix the file to import it to Strava, I checked it after and it seems to be ok but please check it before using it as a route or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

Looking forward to this, weather permitting a sneaky detour up Kippure may be on the cards along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Euro Fred wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, weather permitting a sneaky detour up Kippure may be on the cards along the way

Ya, that sounds like a great idea now but it probably won't seem so great when I come to Ballysmuttan hill about 2 hours later and my quads are about to disintegrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Christ I hope the clouds clear out their bladders today. Had a miserable four hours this morning. Rained solid from start to finish. Want a nice day for the kids tomorrow for the Pup!

fat bloke wrote: »
    Christ I hope the clouds clear out their bladders today. Had a miserable four hours this morning. Rained solid from start to finish. Want a nice day for the kids tomorrow for the Pup!

Don't worry Fat Bloke, we are very optomistic that it will be nice weather for the bike tommorow. Well thats what four different forecast sites are saying. Rain is due to arrive by about 7 or 8pm but we hope everyone is in off th course by then:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Don't worry Fat Bloke, we are very optomistic that it will be nice weather for the bike tommorow. Well thats what four different forecast sites are saying. Rain is due to arrive by about 7 or 8pm but we hope everyone is in off th course by then:D.

I'm in for the morning and hoping to be home for the hurling match, though seeing as there's some talk of beer at the finish maybe a big screen wouldn't go astray and would surely encourage any stragglers home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I'm taking out the good bike for this, even washed my LTC gear!

Suffer well everyone, should be a good day out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Unfortunately underage footballing plans are in the way of my cycling tomorrow, enjoy everyone. I had been really looking forward to this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭secman

To all you old dogs and pups , sleep tight and don't let the fleas bite....and tomorrow you'll be as sound as a hound... and I'll be signing...who let the dogs out, who who.?
    Have a good one..especially a safe one.
    Will put this on my bucket list for next year ...for my 60th.

Leaving dublin here headed for blessington... looks a lovely morning for pain!!!

Had to give this one a miss, raging, looks like a great day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Kudos to the organisers

Great day

The mont beers was great

Medal is gucci

Missed out on Lantern Rouge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Well done Cogs once again and excellent event.

Cheers lads....it was my first sportive and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Legs are hanging of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭AlreadyHome

Was out on a longish spin with a mate and forgot this was on today. Headed over Sally Gap down towards Laragh and saw 4 or 5 Boards.ie jerseys - great to see such a mix of ages, gender and ability out.

One big negative was descending down Glenmacnass and twice coming round a blind bend to encounter idiots riding three abreast, one of which was a seriously, seriously close call. I guess some people get overexcited about having so many cyclists out in force, but it shouldn't be forgotten the roads are still very much open! Must admit...I let free a few expletives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Reports coming in of one of our lads (Velo Club Balrothery) crashing and getting a lift to hospital in an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Great day out, great route, great crowd and great organisation, really enjoyed the day.

Saw a newish boardsie jersey up ahead of me on the rollout from Russborough, but never caught up to say hello, whereas due to a particular set of circumstances I met smacl over and over again.

koutoubia wrote: »
    Reports coming in of one of our lads (Velo Club Balrothery) crashing and getting a lift to hospital in an ambulance.

We were just behind him, didn't see what happened but there were plenty of lads with him as we passed by, it seems he got things wrong on the drop down off the Sally Gap through that little bridge on the way to Luggala. Hopefully he's OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Lovely day out. My heart sank in the morning coming up the embankment in the car with the deluge of rain and the clouds and mist in the distance, but by the time we got to Russborough it was clearing up and it just got better as the day went on.
    The kids managed the 50k, fair play to them, and we weren't last either! :). There was a lot more climbing from Valleymount on, and even when we reached the N81 from Hollywood I was sure it was flat to the finish but there was a leg burner or two left yet around the back of Ballymore. -I won't lie, there were some tears... but all smiles at the end :D

Advertisement