Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milka 300gm bars - does ANYWHERE sell them in Ireland?

Options
  • 09-06-2016 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I know that I can find the 100gm Milka bars in the supermarkets and the Euro shops. My preference, however, is for the big 300gm blocks of the Milka chocolate in various flavours that I can only buy in airport Duty Free shops.

Luckily, I do go on holidays so have the chance to stock up once or twice a year on the bars. Just it would be lovely to be able to get my hands on the bars without having to fly!

There is an Austrian website that sells the bars (including the elusive 300gm white chocolate hazelnut, which I can't find even in the Duty Frees) but it would cost me €12 a bar by the time I allow for shipping.

Think I already know the answer to this question but am putting it out there in case a Boardsie knows of anywhere I can buy them here.

I forgot to add, I prefer the 300gm bars because of the 'bite' of them, the thicker chocolate tastes better (to me) than the 100gm bar. That's my thing, obviously, I do get the 100gm bars but they don't do it for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If they do, I am going to get so fat when I find them. :D

Edit: you can try polish/lithanian shops?

I've bought them in Mr Price a few months ago :) so might be worth checking there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I've bought them in Mr Price a few months ago :) so might be worth checking there :)

2 are showing there now
    http://www.mrprice.ie/search/milka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

Thank you so much! And I also hadn't thought of the Polish shops, so thanks for that as well.

Also if it's of any use to you Cadbury have brought out their own versions of the 300g style milka bars, they are called Cadbury big taste and come in 3 varieties - toffee whole nut, triple choc sensation and Oreo crunch
    I haven't personally seen them in Irish shops yet though? Even though they have been in UK shops for weeks now

• Advertisement

Thanks again, Luminous, no, I haven't seen those Cadbury's big style bars here but admittedly, I haven't been looking too much at Cadbury's chocolate lately. I do love the Cadbury's and oreo combination and have to stop myself buying them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Also if it's of any use to you Cadbury have brought out their own versions of the 300g style milka bars, they are called Cadbury big taste and come in 3 varieties - toffee whole nut, triple choc sensation and Oreo crunch
    I haven't personally seen them in Irish shops yet though? Even though they have been in UK shops for weeks now

Our Supervalu has them on offer so worth trying there :)

caille wrote: »
    Thanks again, Luminous, no, I haven't seen those Cadbury's big style bars here but admittedly, I haven't been looking too much at Cadbury's chocolate lately. I do love the Cadbury's and oreo combination and have to stop myself buying them!

No problem :) cyning has spotted them in their local supervalu so they must be finally reaching shops here (supervalu tend to be quicker than tesco for getting Cadbury products first I find) I love the Cadbury and Oreo bar too :D so the new 300g Oreo crunch is the only one that appeals to me; it looks good (and exactly like the milka version) it has a thicker Oreo layer so may be even tastier than the current Oreo bar :D

I have the new triple chocolate one to try tonight.... I'm very excited ;)

My mr price didn't have the milka I tried it yesterday :(

cyning wrote: »
    I have the new triple chocolate one to try tonight.... I'm very excited ;)

My mr price didn't have the milka I tried it yesterday :(

Enjoy :) they might just have them in on specials sometimes, they always have the regular sized ones. How much are the new Cadbury ones retailing at actually? :) Like €4+ or?

• Advertisement

Special offer of 4 but no sign of what they will be!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Milka triolade is my favourite milka bar so I was very exiited to see the cadburys version today in a local shop.
    €4 is cheaper than the price of the milka one in airports....not sure if this was an offer or not though?

ClEAqY4WEAAcJwS.jpg

Hi again, I tried my local Super Valu for the Cadbury's Big Style, no joy :-( I also tried the Mr Price website for the Milka Hazelnut, no joy there either :-(

Now, if my Super Valu does start stocking the Cadburys Big Style Oreo bar...Christmas will have come early !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

...I also tried the Mr Price website for the Milka Hazelnut, no joy there either :-( ...
    http://www.mrprice.ie/c/our-product-range/5/milka_by-brand

Hi again, I emailed the Mr Price website and got a reply saying that they don't stock any of the bars right now :-(

I am flying off soon on hols so Duty Free, here I come!

Thats the 100gm bar, I was told that the 300gm bar is out of stock.

Thats the 100gm bar, I was told that the 300gm bar is out of stock.
    You'll take what you're given! (also it's cheap - melt them down and remould them into a bigger bar)

Just an update for you Caille :) I was in a centra shop today and they had the 3 new varieties of the Cadbury big taste bars so it might be worth a shot to check your local centra :) I've yet to see them in my local tesco/supervalu/dunnes

Thanks again, Luminous, I will try Centra near me, I just never think to go into Spar/Londis/Centra when looking for something. I will post here if my Centra has them.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    You'll take what you're given! (also it's cheap - melt them down and remould them into a bigger bar)

Har har, not the first time that's been said to me! Some people don't get the delicious difference in the bite between the 100gm bar and the 300gm bar and look at me like I'm mad when I say I can't find Milka bars (I meaning the big bars and they knowing the smaller bars are everywhere).

Advertisement