Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2016 - Speculation and Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mr E wrote: »
    Only 20% off Hyperlight Drifter, a miserable 10% off Salt and Sanctuary and nothing off Stephen's Sausage Roll or Hitman.

HLD and S&S are pretty recent though, so you probably wouldn't expect a huge discount on those. Shrouded in Sanity is one I'm looking at and that's only 15% off as it was just out in May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Probably because everyone has already bought it :D

I waited :) gonna grab it as soon as the store sorts itself out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Everything on my watch list is discounted (except for Eitr ofc).

The discounts are pretty scabby though.

Stardew Valley €11.19
    Enter the Gungeon €13.49
    Hyper Light Drifter €15.99
    Duskers €16.99

Squad down to €27.74.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Store is utterly wrecked at the moment. Not even worth the effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Has Batman Arkham Knight and Assassin's Creed Unity been fixed? Are they now playable on PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Wow, it's 7.30, and it's still sluggish af! Must've went for the chocolate server upgrade.

Think I'm going to have a fairly quiet sale, might pick up a couple of small titles, but that's about it. Banished, This War of Mine look good from the front page.

Maybe War for the Overworld, it really does look like Dungeon Keeper 3. Anyone have a verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm on the lookout for GTAV, I assume once theres a price cut on big games like that, there won't be any further ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

madcabbage wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for GTAV, I assume once theres a price cut on big games like that, there won't be any further ones?

Yeah, the flash deals, community votes etc are gone, so any savings available now will be the best you get for the duration of the sale.

It appears to be the same model they used at christmas, so i'd say myself, the discounts are all static until the sale ends on the 4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Dair76 wrote: »
    Yeah, the flash deals, community votes etc are gone, so any savings available now will be the best you get for the duration of the sale.

What, seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

Bit weird, assassin's creed 4 is €5 while 3 is €10.

Vermintide is 50% off!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would ya's all stop logging on so I can see me wishlist?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Would ya's all stop logging on so I can see me wishlist?

That would mean taking my finger off the F5 key! :eek:

What, seriously?

Yup. It's as a result of them bringing in the refund system - there's no way they could handle tens of thousands of refund requests during a sale, most of which would be because someone bought a game at a discount, only to see it further reduced on a daily deal or flash sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Finally going to pickup the witcher 3, is the Hearts of stone dlc worth 8,99€?

So I'm trying to explore my queue to get cards to sell, and it's still giving me 503s and black screens. It used to be like this for the first half hour or so, but this seems worse than previous sales.

Still haven't managed to buy anything yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Links234 wrote: »
    So I'm trying to explore my queue to get cards to sell, and it's still giving me 503s and black screens. It used to be like this for the first half hour or so, but this seems worse than previous sales.

i'm getting there abet slowly

Still haven't managed to buy anything yet either.

That's probably the reason it's so slow, everyone is refreshing the recommendations queue to get their free cards, each item on the list has to load it's own page, most of them include screenshots and at least 1 video.

I'd say it'll be like that every day at 6 til people get bored of checking the list

• Advertisement

So pretty much all the prices were seeing now are it really until 4th July?

So pretty much all the prices were seeing now are it really until 4th July?

if a game is on sale that what its going to stay at until the 4th

new games will be added daily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What's the crappy game on the Steam site this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Underwhelming sale, don't care what anyone says, games aren't being discounted as quickly as they used to.

Divinity Original Sin came out 2 years ago and it's still €20.
    Shovel Knight released 2 years ago, only 33% off.

I'll be surprised if I buy anything in this sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Had a few games in mind that I wanted to pick up but seeing the prices I'm feeling really underwhelmed. Think for the winter sale I must just take advantage of the sales on other sites. I 've seen better offers on a lot of games on sites like HB in recent weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

the_syco wrote: »
    What's the crappy game on the Steam site this year?

The "how quick can I sell my sale cards before the price tanks" game.:pac:

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Underwhelming sale, don't care what anyone says, games aren't being discounted as quickly as they used to.

Divinity Original Sin came out 2 years ago and it's still €20.
    Shovel Knight released 2 years ago, only 33% off.

I'll be surprised if I buy anything in this sale.

Valve doesn't set the prices.

Shovel Knight in particular is interesting, because the developer has spoken out that he doesn't want to discount it heavily, as he feels indie games engage in a kind of a race to the bottom.

Oh wow, finally! After 2 and a half hours of try, first purchase went through.

Party Hard
    Steamworld Heist: The Outsider (DLC)

A really good start :)

Bit the bullet, went for Rise of The Tomb Raider and chanced the Stick Of Truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Bit the bullet, went for Rise of The Tomb Raider and chanced the Stick Of Truth.

Rest assured, you have nothing to worry about! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Arma 3 Apex edition €29.99

€23.99
    Pretty much the only game I'm thinking of getting.

Possibly also "The Last Leviathan", as it looks fun.

=-=

For the Rocksmith people; is there much bass songs on Rocksmith? I remember you used to have to get a seperate edition one year, but wondering is it all in one in the 2014 edition?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yup. It's as a result of them bringing in the refund system - there's no way they could handle tens of thousands of refund requests during a sale, most of which would be because someone bought a game at a discount, only to see it further reduced on a daily deal or flash sale.

It's stuff like that and forcing me to have the Steam app just for half-reasonable selling of cards that damages my recent experience of the platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

I might pick up this war of mine and mount and blade warband

I can actually explore my queue now! So much anime bull****, no thanks Steam! :pac:

J_E wrote: »
    It's stuff like that and forcing me to have the Steam app just for half-reasonable selling of cards that damages my recent experience of the platform.

Personally, I'd much rather the ability to get refunds than have extra sales "excitement" twice a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Arma 3 Apex edition €29.99

€23.99

It's actually just Arma 3 Apex DLC.

Arma 3 Apex edition is €41.99. That's the one that includes the base game.
    I can actually explore my queue now! So much anime bull****, no thanks Steam! :pac:

All those big anime titties. Tag with trigger warnings :D

Speaking of which, Nekopara all 3 volumes are discounted. http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/676/

Don't forget to uncensor patch ;)

madcabbage wrote:

Is the steam version censored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Probably over and done with already for me, came in just under my planned budget.
    MGS:V
    Armello
    Hard west
    The Witcher 3
    Soma
    Darkest dungeon

I couldn't tell ya right this moment because the flipping game won't load!! :mad:
    Just reinstalling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Maybe War for the Overworld, it really does look like Dungeon Keeper 3. Anyone have a verdict?

I got it on sale a couple of weeks ago. It pretty much is DK3, so much so that the different names for monsters and rooms actually threw me a bit. I heard that it was pretty buggy at launch but it's been patched since.

kevovek wrote: »
    Probably over and done with already for me, came in just under my planned budget.
    MGS:V
    Armello
    Hard west
    The Witcher 3
    Soma
    Darkest dungeon

That's an awesome haul! :D

Tempted to get SOMA as well myself, but I have everything else there, and yeah, you're in for a treat. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eyeing up XCOM2

EDIT: And deserts of Kharak

OK! So, Steam are doing bundles for this sale, and they're actually pretty amazing. You can see them all here. But here's a few of interest:

Turn-based Strategy Bundle:

Banner Saga
    Invisible Inc.
    Thea: The Awakening
    Gremlins Inc.
    Hard West

Metroidvania Bundle:

Shantae and The Pirate's Curse
    Strider
    Axiom Verge
    Salt & Sanctuary
    Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Rather interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure what to make of this sale but I've already dumped €60 in.

Got:

Subnautica
    Dreamfall Chapters
    The Long Dark
    Killing Floor 2
    Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
    Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Stick of Truth on Steam the uncensored version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Can't say I'm wowed by this Sale at all, no more voted or flash sales, no browser game and the only interaction is click through lists filled with ****ty anime games for cards.

With that said the only 3 things I have on my list are discounted, though I was hoping for more than 20% on Stardew Valley.

Ah fuck off Steam... Telling me my credit card has been declined when I'm actually using funds already in my Steam wallet! :rolleyes:

Ah fuck off Steam... Telling me my credit card has been declined when I'm actually using funds already in my Steam wallet! :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me earlier. It's buggier than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i got that aswell with the declined cc thing ugh !

If anyone plays warframe, they have 50% on the steam packs so you can get the 100 euro on for like 50ish which is like a **** tone of in-game cash.

Links, did you find those bundles by accident, or are Steam advertising them somewhere on the store's home page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

keeps telling me i cant make a purchase because i have one pending >_<

Advertisement