Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2016 - Speculation and Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Dair76 wrote: »
    Links, did you find those bundles by accident, or are Steam advertising them somewhere on the store's home page?

It was posted on Reddit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Just grabbed...

SOMA
    Outlast
    Project Cars
    Dark Souls and
    Age of Empires 2 + DLC

All less than €50, that'll do for a start

I'm debating whether to get Shrouded in Sanity now, or wait.

I also want to get SOMA, but think I'll wait until the end of sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very tempted by Invisible, Inc. and Salt and Sanctuary.

Kiith wrote: »
    Very tempted by Invisible, Inc. and Salt and Sanctuary.

Can give both a hearty recommendation ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Is the steam version censored?

No. I believe only the German and Australian versions are censored. Possibly, console versions too.

Abortions and Nazi Zombie Baby Fetuses everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

It's worth keeping an eye on this Reddit thread; Steam Sale 2016 Hidden Gems Thread

I got a few nice suggestions from it;
    LucasArts Adventure Pack - €2.24
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - €2.49
    Platformer Bundle - €0.83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

Well that's me sorted for the weekend

Hearts of Iron 4 (bought it outside of steam since they didn't reduce it price)
    Tropico 5 with all the DLC
    some DLC for crusader Kings 2

happy enough with that haul for now since nothing i really wanted / have time to play dropped much in price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So far;
    The Last Leviathan
    Rocksmith 2014 & some of the tracks
    Also Apex for ARMA3

And this is only the first day? The future is brokeness :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i got that aswell with the declined cc thing ugh !

If anyone plays warframe, they have 50% on the steam packs so you can get the 100 euro on for like 50ish which is like a **** tone of in-game cash.

Bought it and then got the 75% voucher for my daily and well....

2d39ae6f61.jpg

It all happened so fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dam thats a lot of plat!!

Sold my graphics card yesterday in preperation for an upgrade,anything i buy ill have to wait to play:(

I am tempted by Sub Nautica,been on my wishlist awhile and has a decent discount. Other than that not much jumping out at me right now. Those bundles look interesting though,will have to have a look through them when i get a chance.

Bought it and then got the 75% voucher for my daily and well....
    75% what? Linkage?

the_syco wrote: »
    75% what? Linkage?

75% plat discount voucher for a daily login reward. Reasonably rare but lets you buy plat packs at 75% off from Devs. Id say they bought a pack in steam sale too. Near 6000 is a lot of plat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ooh this looks good! and 50% off! Add to cart.

"You already own this game"

Bloody embarrassing tbh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

EoinHef wrote: »
    75% plat discount voucher for a daily login reward. Reasonably rare but lets you buy plat packs at 75% off from Devs. Id say they bought a pack in steam sale too. Near 6000 is a lot of plat!
    Yep I bought the lighting pack at 50% off and then logged in and got the 75% off voucher from my daily reward. First time getting it but I don't think I will ever need any more plat :P

Yep I bought the lighting pack at 50% off and then logged in and got the 75% off voucher from my daily reward. First time getting it but I don't think I will ever need any more plat :P

Always worth buying a bit of plat with the 75% off imo,just takes a bit of the grind out of the game.

Pretty sweet when its that highly discounted too:)

If anyone is thinking of getting a Sonic game, check out the HumbleBundle; tenner for a load of the Sonic titiles.

Kirby wrote: »
    Ooh this looks good! and 50% off! Add to cart.

"You already own this game"

Bloody embarrassing tbh. :p

Happened to me when trying to buy Gunpoint

Looking at this; http://store.steampowered.com/app/425720/

Can I use my Android phone, or what's the cheapest VR thing on the market?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote: »
    Looking at this; http://store.steampowered.com/app/425720/

Can I use my Android phone, or what's the cheapest VR thing on the market?

Is that not only for HTC Vive sets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah it says you need the Vive and the controllers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Darkstar one at 1.49 is not bad. It's a good little space sim if not a bit old now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Big One - 21 Games for €3.15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Skerries wrote: »
    The Big One - 21 Games for €3.15

All RPGMaker rubbish by the looks of it. Don't do what i did a couple of years ago and buy a bunch of terrible stuff cheap just because it's cheap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hotline Miami 2 - Thank you very much. Only 4 quid, saved money I will use for LSD, but from playing so far, The music and game itself kind off makes LSD not needed. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Just browsed through my queue, received the notfication about the card, but nothing's new in my inventory? Are the card drops fecked?

Just browsed through my queue, received the notfication about the card, but nothing's new in my inventory? Are the card drops fecked?

Same happened to me last night with two of them, they showed up eventually.

I haven't bought anything so far but Invisible Inc. and its expansion and i used money from selling cards to buy that with about 3 quid left over.

Cheapo Steam key-selling websites have sort of ruined Steam sales for me. I can get most titles cheaper on launch day than they will be on Steam sales until their 3 year after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Finally got a chance to look at what's on sale. Not much tempting me but I think I'll pick up Prison Architect, Darkest Dungeon and Tomb Raider. I'll have to wait for payday though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up these so far:

Enter the Gungeon €11.99
    Ninja Senki DX €0.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Invisible Inc for 6,79 seems a good deal. Not sure if it's something I'll be into but for that price I can talk a risk and Austin Walker raved about in on the Giant Bomb game of the year podcast.

So are there daily deals to come or is what's there, what stays for the lenght of the sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Disappointed with Grand Theft Auto V only getting a 40% reduction again. Was hoping for at least 75% seeing as it's almost 3 years old. Not sure if its worth 35.99 after already playing it on the 360. What's the online community like these days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Disappointed with Grand Theft Auto V only getting a 40% reduction again. Was hoping for at least 75% seeing as it's almost 3 years old. Not sure if its worth 35.99 after already playing it on the 360. What's the online community like these days?

Full of glitchers and cheaters. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It isn't.

I have picked it up for €20 something euro on another key site a few months ago.

Here you go €26.99. Not the Steam version but that makes no difference.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/grand-theft-auto-v-5-pc-cd-key

Invisible Inc for 6,79 seems a good deal. Not sure if it's something I'll be into but for that price I can talk a risk and Austin Walker raved about in on the Giant Bomb game of the year podcast.

So are there daily deals to come or is what's there, what stays for the lenght of the sale?

Awesome game, but if you don't think it's something you'd be into, don't get it just because it's on sale. Or failing that, buy it and play it immediately to see if it's your kinda thing and if you don't like it then refund it.

There'll be more highlights, but the prices remain static for the sale, unless any publishers decide to change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Is this as good as it gets or will there be further reductions as the sale goes on? Most games have had larger price reuctions in the past so it's a bit underwhelming.

Is there any way to instantly sell items without the steam authenticator?

• Advertisement

Is this as good as it gets or will there be further reductions as the sale goes on? Most games have had larger price reuctions in the past so it's a bit underwhelming.

What you see is what you get now. The daily discount model is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Purchases so far:

Depth
    Crypt of the Necrodancer
    Catch Me
    Bloodgate (89cent and supposed to be good according to a friend)

These games where ridiculously cheap with bundles:

Spaceport Hope
    Gun Rocket
    Airspace The Fall of Gravity
    Marble Mayhem: Fragile Ball
    Rolling Sun

Will buy the Steam Controller + The Talos Principle for €43 I think considering it only an extra €5 for the game, although I don't know if it has been bundled or not.

Mainly purchase the cheap games for card drops, as usually they pay for themselves..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anything decent today? Still in work so can't see.

Kiith wrote: »
    Anything decent today? Still in work so can't see.

Same as yesterday, the deals don't change any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Bought a nice little WW2 strategy game called The Few.

Decent but tricky, still only €2.50

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

lawlolawl wrote: »
    All RPGMaker rubbish by the looks of it. Don't do what i did a couple of years ago and buy a bunch of terrible stuff cheap just because it's cheap :D
    do they have steam cards? if so that plus running them for cards and reselling will probably net you some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Purchases so far:

Depth
    Crypt of the Necrodancer
    Catch Me
    Bloodgate (89cent and supposed to be good according to a friend)

Sir, I applaud your excellent taste in games. good hunting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finished with my purchases.

Bought Cossacks DLC for EU4
    Fran Bow
    Firewatch
    Armello
    Invisible Inc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

Put aside the fact that you will buy games that you probably wont even download, let alone play. This is such an over hyped "sale", most of the games could be purchased cheaper through the usual key re-sellers day in day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

omerin wrote: »
    Put aside the fact that you will buy games that you probably wont even download, let alone play. This is such an over hyped "sale", most of the games could be purchased cheaper through the usual key re-sellers day in day out.
    What I usually do is drop the games that I am considering into my Steam wishlist and then use http://www.allkeyshop.com to check the reseller sites to see if I can do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Sir, I applaud your excellent taste in games. good hunting. :D

So many times I was going to purchase this game, so many times I passed... Now that it has marketable items I could not pass !

So, played the first level of Party Hard. I set a rug on fire, the fire department showed up, then I cut down a tree outside the house which crashed into the window sending shards of glass flying and killing all the firemen in the room. I nearly pissed myself laughing! 10/10 would murder first responders again. :pac:

Yeah, the shine is off the apple a bit for me as well.

Sale prices being more expensive than literally any key seller since day one kind of ruins it a bit.

Card money gets spent on things that key resellers don't have and that's about it.

By the way, Party Hard 75% off - €3.22 ;)

I was actually going to buy this a couple of weeks ago for about €6, glad I waited. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just checked ive got 164 games in my steam library :eek: most junk though :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement