Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2016 - Speculation and Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

dunworth1 wrote: »
    just checked ive got 164 games in my steam library :eek: most junk though :o

I have 847 and I probably play about 5 of them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I have 847 and I probably play about 5 of them :rolleyes:

oh ive some catching up to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I've 74 and I've finished about 30-40 of them. Other are more casual never ending games (NS2 ,ETS2 ,Kerbal, etc.)

Watching stick of truth but it's been the same price the last 2 sales.

Will probably pick up ETS2 expansions and maybe AOEII.

Not much going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm very slowly creeping up on 250 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

just got nba2k16 for a 10er
    love me a good basketball game
    deciding whether or not to buy dead by daylight
    only 10 percent off, but apparently its a really fun game.
    but might wait for it to drop a little more. seems like its the type of indie game to drop fast but hold a decent online player base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm very slowly creeping up on 250 :o
    I saw this while skimming and thought you were saying you were creeping up on having spent €250 and I was like 'Links! Your backlog plans! What happened?!"

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    just got nba2k16 for a 10er
    love me a good basketball game
    deciding whether or not to buy dead by daylight
    only 10 percent off, but apparently its a really fun game.
    but might wait for it to drop a little more. seems like its the type of indie game to drop fast but hold a decent online player base

ive been enjoying this the last few days its good fun got it for 13 on g2a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    dead by daylight
    I think it will fall off a cliff once the streamers drop it. Fun game but not much too it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Dead by Daylight is good fun but it is far from a good game. Still feels early access to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Got Legends of Eisenwald. €6.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

omerin wrote: »
    Put aside the fact that you will buy games that you probably wont even download, let alone play. This is such an over hyped "sale", most of the games could be purchased cheaper through the usual key re-sellers day in day out.
    Most of what I've bought in the sale is usually cheaper, or very nearly the same price as the cd-key sites. Although there will be a few exceptions,

I've 115 games, all of which I've played at least once.

A couple of the games are games that I'll always have installed, but only play the odd time, to chill, such as Kami, and Absolute Drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Max Payne 3 for €4.99, can't go wrong. So much bullet time!!

Vojera wrote: »
    I saw this while skimming and thought you were saying you were creeping up on having spent €250 and I was like 'Links! Your backlog plans! What happened?!"

Hah! I've spent about €6 so far, but still, that backlog ain't getting much better. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

well for me not much great offer's grabbing my attention.
    But i did get

warframe - lightning pack 46e
    rust 9.99
    8 bit armies 12.47

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got Grandia 2, one of my favourite games When I was a teen :).

• Advertisement

Steam is trying to charge me 55euro for Steam Controller it seems when it's on sale for 38.50euro...

Sold loadsa counter strike items to get it hopefully this is fixed later... May be because I'm using my phone though ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Steam is trying to charge me 55euro for Steam Controller it seems when it's on sale for 38.50euro...

Should be about 50 with delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

madcabbage wrote: »
    Max Payne 3 for €4.99, can't go wrong. So much bullet time!!

Considering it's RSC DRM, you can go wrong :P

Now Max Payne 1&2 for €2.99 along with its modding community. :cool:

MiskyBoyy wrote:

Considering its 55 on gamestop.Ie
    That's not really a great deal for the sake of a fiver and you'll have it sooner

So, this might be very cheeky of me, but if anyone is eyeballing The Forest, I have a key for it that I'd be very happy to trade for something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Anybody trading cards

Have to Trade:
    X marks the spot!
    Enjoying the little things
    Everything is fine
    Don't go chasing fireflies

Looking for:
    The swell is righteous today
    SPLASH*
    You had one job!

Steamid is same as boards name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Anybody trading cards

Have to Trade:
    X marks the spot!
    Enjoying the little things
    Everything is fine
    Don't go chasing fireflies

Looking for:
    The swell is righteous today
    SPLASH*
    You had one job!

Steamid is same as boards name

Is there anything to the cards this sale? Like an ARG or minigame or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Dair76 wrote: »
    Is there anything to the cards this sale? Like an ARG or minigame or anything?

I have no idea to be honest

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

OMFG what a joke they don't seem to show that with the payment... That's an absolute joke...

OMFG what a joke they don't seem to show that with the payment... That's an absolute joke...

Yeah it sucks alright. Shipping charges for it are dear enough. You can get the Steam Link & Controller bundle at the moment for €86.38 delivered if you had any interest in the Link as well?

Yeah it sucks alright. Shipping charges for it are dear enough. You can get the Steam Link & Controller bundle at the moment for €86.38 delivered if you had any interest in the Link as well?

My internet at home sucks so not worth it.. that has annoyed me so much especially since I sold loads of csgo major stickers which will inevitably be worth more in the future.. They don't have any Postage and Package details at all on the actual page of the controller which makes no sense... Who would pay 55euro plus an extra 14euro shipping for the controller when it isn't on sale when they can just buy it for 55euro straight out of a shop?...

My internet at home sucks so not worth it..

As in you have shít download speeds etc? It doesn't use your bandwidth at all really, just streams over your home network. As long as you have your PC wired to your router (even via powerline adapters) and the Steam Link the same then it will work 100% even with a basic Eircom router.

Yeah the shipping charges suck alright. I would have bought it from Gamestop myself too when it was on sale but I did the same as you and sold some CSGO items, knife etc.

As in you have shít download speeds etc? It doesn't use your bandwidth at all really, just streams over your home network. As long as you have your PC wired to your router (even via powerline adapters) and the Steam Link the same then it will work 100% even with a basic Eircom router.

My internet connection is about 5mb with my brother at home my ping goes crazy as he always downloading.. I play my games via laptop too would it not work the same way as PS4 share play or whatever? As in the internet would have to send the signal to the TV?... If I had 100mb broadband I would buy yeah... 14euro for shipping is an absolute joke works out as 52euro for it posted I just can't believe they don't have something beside sale price to state there is postage and packaging charges to be added..

My internet connection is about 5mb with my brother at home my ping goes crazy as he always downloading.. I play my games via laptop too would it not work the same way as PS4 share play or whatever? As in the internet would have to send the signal to the TV?... If I had 100mb broadband I would buy yeah... 14euro for shipping is an absolute joke works out as 52euro for it posted I just can't believe they don't have something beside sale price to state there is postage and packaging charges to be added..

PS4 Share Play is streaming it over the internet afaik, Steam Link is only streaming it across your home network. As in, even if you didn't have actual internet but still hooked your PC up to your Steam Link, it would work.

PS4 Share Play is streaming it over the internet afaik, Steam Link is only streaming it across your home network. As in, even if you didn't have actual internet but still hooked your PC up to your Steam Link, it would work.

Think I read in the description that the requirements was a 100mb connection...

I was just thinking there though Valve make these controllers, send them out to the likes of Gamestop for them to resell for €55 ... They charge the same price on their own client, so why on earth are they trying to charge you an extra €14 for shipping?... I suppose you could argue that Gamestop is buying in bulk etc. but still it makes no sense that they would make an item show as €38.50 without letting the buyer know that there is postage and packaging to be added, a simple P&P beside the price would make users more aware of the costs and not have them topping up wallet in order to purchase the item, and then later finding out that they can't as they are being riddled with a €14 postage charge...

Even Gamestop themselves post items for free from what I remember, or at least they only charge €2 postage... I don't see how a company can actually get away with that... Usually on sites you know about postage and packaging but with steam everything is digital so you feel theres no postage and packaging in a box you get everything sent to you for the said price...

• Advertisement

Think I read in the description that the requirements was a 100mb connection...

"Wired 100 Mbit/s Fast Ethernet"

Again, that's just your home network like I was saying, not internet speed.

I got 69 cent in my steam wallet now from selling trading cards. 14 year old me is giggling like an idiot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Its dead Jim

I got 69 cent in my steam wallet now from selling trading cards. 14 year old me is giggling like an idiot :pac:

Got 57c from them myself. If we get some more people we might be able to buy a game together. :pac:

If you want something cheap, but seriously good, Reveal The Deep is quite excellent, and at €0.49 you can easily afford it from cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Already played through Firewatch. Really enjoyed it. The atmosphere in the game is fantastic. Really gives you a sense of being isolated and the mood can go from peaceful to tense so easily. I really liked the dynamic between your character and Delilah who you only ever interact with through a radio. The story is great as well even if the ending feels a bit weak.

Definitely worth picking up if its something you think you'd enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So I got steam all set up finally. Readyletsdo is my name if anyone is interested :)

So, any gems I should look into picking up on the sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So I got steam all set up finally. Readyletsdo is my name if anyone is interested :)

buy-all-the-games.jpg

Just check through your recommendations queue, top sellers, and most popular, take your pick :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tempted by Just cause 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Total Biscuit put up a video with his top twenty picks from the sale. Might give you a few ideas.

• Advertisement

FTL: Faster Than Light -70% off €2.99

Very tough spaceship sim, you'll fight an enemy vessel who'll breach your oxegen system and your whole crew will suffocate, that if the fire in engines doesn't spread and kill them all first, oh wait, never mind, your ship has just exploded anyway. Now, lets try that again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Terraria. Dirt cheap, and you can lose yourself in this sucker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

€7.93, still waiting to find something to buy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ED E wrote: »
    €7.93, still waiting to find something to buy with it.

That using an some type of automated seller or over time?

That would be some amount of clicks to do it manually:)

Well, what kinda games are you into ED E?

FTL: Faster Than Light -70% off €2.99

Very tough spaceship sim, you'll fight an enemy vessel who'll breach your oxegen system and your whole crew will suffocate, that if the fire in engines doesn't spread and kill them all first, oh wait, never mind, your ship has just exploded anyway. Now, lets try that again! :D

indeed fantastic game no brainier at 2.99

• Advertisement

I would also highly recommend Dust: An Elysian Tale which is also an absolute steal.

I'm very pleased with myself, managed to trade some keys for games I wanted in the sale. Got Darkmaus and Shrouded in Sanity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So what's the verdict on Mount & Blade? Does anybody have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

EoinHef wrote: »
    That using an some type of automated seller or over time?

That would be some amount of clicks to do it manually:)

Theres a chrome plugin to do it, but I'm not comfortable with that in case it would be detected as botting (as thats what it is). It used to be really quick before they forced SteamGuard confirms a few months back.

Few shinys got me a €1 or so each.
    Well, what kinda games are you into ED E?

RTS/TBS and decent shooters mostly. I've got such a backlog at the moment (only played about 1/3 of 300 titles) but will probably buy Deserts of Kharak during the sale, think Ill leave XCOM2 and get it cheaper again in a few months.

Just rechecked my wishlist, this might just fit the bill #majorNostalgia
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/266840

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Ooh Stranded Deep is on sale. I think I'll get that instead of Darkest Dungeon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement