Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2016 - Speculation and Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Bought a 4 pack of Mount Your Friends yesterday for me and a few friends. I was in tears from laughing, it's a hilarious and fun game. Buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Thanks to the sale my rounded games of 500 is now 503. My OCD is kicking in.

Now you gotta get up to 555.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Links234 wrote: »
    So, one game I'm kinda tempted by is this:

But then I noticed that you can get the previous one, Momodora III for €0.99, and then I found that the dev has the first two on Itch.io for free, so I might try those first. Revier Under the Moonlight is meant to be amazing, and the most accomplished of the series, but I'm curious about the previous ones, and I could afford the third one with the money I made from trading card sales already.

Knew I shouldn't have watched that video. Reckon I might pick up the version for a tenner including the soundtrack. Stop posting about good games, it's costing me money!! Or is this just a way for you to feel better about buying it too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Tom1991

Life is strange is a great game.Already on so 4 today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is How to Survive 2 any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Life is strange is a great game.Already on so 4 today.

It really is. I picked it up from Gamestop a few months ago because i'm a ure sucker for big box, special edition stuff. I only got around to playing it lately but couldn't put it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Is How to Survive 2 any good?

The first one was so-so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Party Hard and Battlefield Bad Company 2 added to the collection..
    Get the Vietnam DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Alrighty! :D

I have now managed to snag these from trading:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    The Swindle
    Dex

Absolutely decimating my Wishlist this sale it seems.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Knew I shouldn't have watched that video. Reckon I might pick up the version for a tenner including the soundtrack. Stop posting about good games, it's costing me money!! Or is this just a way for you to feel better about buying it too. :pac:

Haha! :D You might wanna have a look through my Indie Games thread. Lots of cool stuff there that's on offer. I'll probably try to get myself a copy of Momodora anyway, but I'm going to wait and see what's in the Humble Monthly bundle first, then perhaps see what I can trade for it. ;)

This is one of the games I managed to snag this evening :D

• Advertisement

Haha! :D You might wanna have a look through my Indie Games thread. Lots of cool stuff there that's on offer. I'll probably try to get myself a copy of Momodora anyway, but I'm going to wait and see what's in the Humble Monthly bundle first, then perhaps see what I can trade for it. ;)

Yeah I had a look through that indie thread a while back, some good picks in there. Eitr has been sitting in my wish list after seeing Vaati's preview of it. Looks very promising. I would've picked up Salt & Sanctuary too but just wouldn't have the time for it.

Bought Momodora 3 and Reverie - the art style and soundtrack sold me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

€6.06 Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion + The African Kingdoms Expansion
    €7.34 Euro Truck Simulator 2 - East + North Expansions
    €9.56 ADR1FT

Total: €22.96

That's my take for this sale. Got about €1.50 off from selling cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It really is. I picked it up from Gamestop a few months ago because i'm a ure sucker for big box, special edition stuff. I only got around to playing it lately but couldn't put it down.

I bought LiS twice actually. Bought it digitally and played it as the episodes released and then bought it again physically when the special edition came out.

Never did that with any game before but i thought the devs deserved to get paid twice for it :D

awesome though i felt episode 5 wasnt as strong as the other episodes.the
    ending sucked that you couldnt save both but i can understand why they went that way.
    Overall an aweome experience any other story based games like that to look out for bearing in mind my laptop isnt the strongest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Woah.... some spoiler tags.

fixed it there if you wanna unquote it

Battleborn is 50% off, and it's what, about a month old? I feel sorry for that game.

Battleborn is 50% off, and it's what, about a month old? I feel sorry for that game.

Was thinking the same thing when I saw that discount. Overwatch is a monster. And isn't there another similar-ish game coming out, Lawbreakers I think it's called. That will have it's work cut out to survive long too.

Anyway, going OT I am.

So folks reckon Life is Strange episodes 1-5 is worth a tenner?

Yeah, Lawbreakers looks ok, but after playing Overwatch and getting pretty burned out with it, I'm not sure about the longevity of any of those games. Isn't Paladins another?

Still haven't played Life is Strange, but I reckon it's probably worth it judging by the praise it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So folks reckon Life is Strange episodes 1-5 is worth a tenner?

Absolutely. Great game.
    It's very story driven and emotive, so if the kind of gameplay appeals to you at all, then it's well worth the small investment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Got mad max on g2play for €9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone played Portal Knights ? Is it any good ? Looks like fun , tempted to buy also really tempted by Enter the Gungeon...

Also if anyone was contemplating on purchasing Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris I have a steam key with the Season Pass that I will let go for something for 2euro both keys..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Undertale and Party Hard last night.

DOTT looks gorgeous - played it for about 30 minutes and it still made me laugh. I've forgotten all the puzzles - looking forward to going through it again.

Party Hard is fantastic. After a few initial fails, it took me 25 minutes to finish the first level and it was great fun. The thought of starting over if I got caught made the last 10 minutes very tense. Loved it.

I'll try the other two games tonight.

Anyone played Portal Knights ? Is it any good ? Looks like fun , tempted to buy also really tempted by Enter the Gungeon...

Also if anyone was contemplating on purchasing Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris I have a steam key with the Season Pass that I will let go for something for 2euro both keys..

Bought Enter the Gungeon a few nights ago and it's excellent - once you like the retro aesthetic, twin stick shooters and a rogue-lite collect-em up. The gameplay is great fun and the guns themselves are very cool.

I watched a few of this chaps videos before buying it, well worth the money imo.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekB0zmLBUtTYu_qScK2aE3VdjeuMqiem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

day of the tentacle, party hard, miami vice(surprisingly hard btw!), defense grid & that 10 game rpg bundle. Hopefully thats me done, so stop recommending good games please :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone recommend party games/multi player deals ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

IvoryTower wrote: »
    miami vice(surprisingly hard btw!),

I don't remember any Crockett and Tubbs games recently ;)

not since this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

will56 wrote: »

You Don't Know Jack series of games

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252730/

Out of what's on the front page today, Hyper Light Drifter is all kinds of amazing, hands down one of the best games of the year.

• Advertisement

Bastion

So it was fully price until today, but just got a 75% off discount. If you've not yet played it, you owe it to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Patser

Just bought ....Portal... I know I know, hangs Gamer head in shame

Brings grand total spend to €4.50

I have just traded a key for The Swapper, so I guess you could say I swapped for The Swapper :pac: So that brings the total to 12 items I have acquired during this Steam sale:

Steamworld Heist: The Outsider DLC
    Party Hard
    Shrouded In Sanity
    Darkmaus
    Whispering Willows
    Papers Please
    Alien Isolation
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
    The Swindle
    Dex
    Momodora III
    The Swapper

I have not had a haul like this in a long time! And there's still a while to go. ;)

Also bought the Heretic/Hexen bundle for herself.

I highly recommend anyone interested in playing a new type of game to try Depth... Pretty sweet game, even though I suck so bad at it... It also has marketable items now so you can make your money back selling them (obviously you may get crap items but sometimes will most likely get good ones)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I got stardew valley, what have I become!! (falls to his knee's)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I got stardew valley, what have I become!! (falls to his knee's)

Ah stop, the woman bought it on my GOG account a few weeks ago and I got totally hooked on it. Took me away from Dark Souls and Xcom so it did. I don't normally use the term digital crack but Jesus it is addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

will56 wrote: »

Ultimate Chicken Horse! It's my favourite multiplayer game in quite some time. I watched a ton of gameplay on YouTube but I wasn't ready for the hilarity of playing it myself. The online was a bit buggy, but once we got it working, the laughing didn't really stop. It's a competitive platformer basically. You have to get to the end, you have to stop the others getting to the end. To do this, you place obstacles between your start and the goal. You end up building full on Rube Goldberg Machines of death for your cartoon critters. It's amazing and I can't wait to play more.

Helldivers Deluxe Edition
    The Golf Club Collector's Edition Bundle
    The Jackbox Party Pack
    The Jackbox Party Pack 2
    Please, Don't Touch Anything
    Prince of Persia Bundle (GOG)
    Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection
    Star Trek Bundle (GOG)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Marvel Heroes 2016: Captain America Civil War Starter Pack (an absolute bargain for anyone who plays this, 90% off!)
    Oxenfree
    Prince of Persia Bundle (GOG)
    Sega Mega Drive Classics Collection
    Shadow Complex Remastered
    Star Trek Bundle (GOG)
    STASIS
    SteamWorld: Heist
    Town of Salem
    Ultimate Chicken Horse
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass (GOG, got the base game with the GFX card, it was about time I gave them some money)

Set for awhile now I think. Bought the Sonic Humble Bundle and a GMG 10-pack of random keys as well. Still have Humble Monthly to come as well this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Pay day.

Time to blow a chunk of money on games I will probably never play.

Being an adult takes the magic out of gaming. As a kid I'd spend weeks saving up pocket money for a game. I'd read reviews in gaming magazines on the shelf in Eason, then put it back when I was done.
    Then the day would come. A visiting relative would give me an unexpected five pound note. I'd be so excited going to bed. When morning finally came I'd walk down to the local shopping center just as Game was opening. Make my purchase and walk home, peaking inside the bag to make sure it was still there. I would have read and re-read the back of the box a dozen times by the time I got home.
    Then the exhilarating feeling of putting the game in, switching it on, and sitting down cross legged on the floor for the rest of the day.

You have ruined me Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I highly recommend anyone interested in playing a new type of game to try Depth... Pretty sweet game, even though I suck so bad at it...

Launch a private server so you can play a couple of games against bots on easy to get used to it...also, buy sea mines and plant them in doorways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Age of Empires 2 HD
    Torchlight 2

That's me so far. Then OVerwatch released it's competitive mode, and Division launched its first expansion. So time I "thought" i had for single player games, might not be there anymore.

Witcher 3
    Alien Isolation

Two I'm humming and haughing about.

Launch a private server so you can play a couple of games against bots on easy to get used to it...also, buy sea mines and plant them in doorways.

Yeah after posting this I started to get used to it and was pulling off 4 kill streaks and so on was mental fun... The Volley Shotgun is a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

MGS:V
    Armello
    Hard west
    The Witcher 3
    Soma
    Darkest dungeon
    35mm
    Punch Club
    Reveal the deep
    Dark souls 2 was gifted to me by a friend too.

Im probably not done yet but Im going to wait till monday just before it ends to see what my funds are like as Ive a wedding this weekend. I have about 6 euro from selling cards and random inventory stuff so Im reading up on the cheapest games to see if theres any I fancy spending that on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nothing so far. A few things i'd like, but i don't see myself playing much right now.

Where did all this self control come from? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Kiith wrote: »
    Nothing so far. A few things i'd like, but i don't see myself playing much right now.

Where did all this self control come from? :P

Go and neck a bottle of Jose Cuervo, and sit in front of the PC.

Self control says what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Haven't bought anything yet, but I am semi tempted to pick up MGS5.

Truthfully and brutally folks, is it actually worth playing as a game and story or will I just end up annoyed by a Hideo Kojima wánkfest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Sonics2k wrote:
    Truthfully and brutally folks, is it actually worth playing as a game and story or will I just end up annoyed by a Hideo Kojima wánkfest

I got bored of it quickly. Although admittedly I don't have the required attention span for Kojima cut scenes.

Sonics2k wrote: »

Truthfully and brutally, I've never played a game I both love and hate as much as MGSV. Gameplay is terrific, plot seems alright until you get to the latter part of the game expecting something and it just ends rather abruptly, with huge parts of the story left dangling. There's a whole load of missing content. It's worth it for the gameplay, but not the story. In fact, they went the opposite direction of the Kojima indulgence, and the story is quite thin on the ground, with some characters being mere effigies of their former selves.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was about to say something along the lines of what Links said, only far less eloquently :D

MGS5 has the best mechanics of any game I've played in the last 5 years. It's combat is meaty and visceral, but it's stealth is sublime and extremely rewarding. Some of it is totally daft (but strapping a balloon to a goat will never not be fun) and some of it very frustrating (
    The airport in Africa where you've got to fight and kill 5 or 6 of those Skulls cnuts took me a LONG time to complete
    ), but overall I really enjoyed the game and especially the multiplayer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Picked up The Walking Dead on sale there and am working my way through it. It feels pretty similar to Life is Strange. It's a more even playing experience than LiS which I thought was a bit of a rough gem, although the story isn't as compelling.

Anyone know if Stardew Valley has full controller support with the Steam Controller?... Or do I need to use keyboard and mouse as well as the controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Its got full controller support for a 360 pad anyways so I imagine the Steam Controller will be fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement