Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Well if the question was answered there wouldn't be 3 posts.....

4 posts now and if you'd just asked whatever your actual question is in the first place behind spoiler tags you could have the answer you actually want. There's even a button to press that puts the tags in for you. You can do it, I believe in you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Tupac_healys question was built up too much and didn't live up to expectations

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

you had to be in the thread at the start to really get the full experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

4 posts now and if you'd just asked whatever your actual question is in the first place behind spoiler tags you could have the answer you actually want. There's even a button to press that puts the tags in for you. You can do it, I believe in you!

I probably could, I really could... I know I have it in me somewhere.... But....

Alas......

Effort

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Well that's a pity....

Was a really good question and all, it's fine though, got the answer I was looking for on another forum.

Thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well..

this spoiler / non-spoiler business really seems to be turning things... upside down

but..

I've seen Stranger Things

:)

I'll see myself out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Holy ****, off motherf#*king topic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

pc7 wrote: »
    conorhal wrote: »
    Two episodes in and I have to say, this is great TV, but then I would, as a child of the 80's this Spielbergian mash up of his greatest hits (a dose of E.T. combined with a chunk of Close Encounters and Poltergiest with an added dash of The Goonies, basically all the movies I loved growing up) it's like it was personally written for me and it doesn't hurt that it's well written, tense and packed with the nostalgic soundtrack of my youth also.

Myself and himself have been chatting and wondering if we hadn't grown up in the 80s would we love it as much? Any non 80s (non et, goonie loving peeps) enjoying it.

My 19 year old niece recommended it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

check out this cool Halloween Stranger things themed party set up !!
    http://imgur.com/gallery/RV6T0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what did they kid say in the mirror at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so the people in this show never saw Aliens,
    that the thing down the throat means something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

So this might just be for halloween but it's still pretty cool! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,204 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭De Bhál

5 episodes in. Can barely watch the thing.
    Great stuff.

Sean Astin (The Goonies) and Paul Reiser (Aliens) to join cast in series 2.

stranger-things-2-characters.jpg?itok=grAkM_i-

More here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Samwise Gamgee!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Damn that was addictive tv. Watched it all in the space of two days. Can't wait for season 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,555 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only fitting a Goonie was cast to pass the torch to the next generation of Goonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Only started watching this the past few days, but it is one of the few times I've been genuinely unnerved by a TV show. I think it's something to do with the cutsie 80s image that brings back memories of ET, and you have all these kids running around like the famous 5, and everything is so nice and you expect simple clear answers, and then out of nowhere something horrific happens. It's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

David Harbour's powerful speech after Stranger Things won "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series"..

Poor Winona needs to ease up on whatever she's taking though..

She has been a bit unhinged for some time now. Probably started around her shoplifting days.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,555 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She is tripping out like a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Why didn't these Z listers protest when the Obama regime was dropping 72 bombs per day on the Middle East and Africa? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

New trailer will be broadcast during Superbowl halftime, teaser pic was released.

gwACoB6wOiSl.jpg

Squeeeeee!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Binged on this over the weekend. Amazing series with some great nods to the 80's without actually being a spoof which was nice. Only a few more episodes left to watch.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Superbowl Season 2 Trailer! Excite!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Halloween? Gonna be a long wait.

Advertisement