Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

Interesting we see the 3 lads on their bikes and at school and no Will. Not surprised by that though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I'm hooked.

It's an interesting one for sure: this show was pretty much a surprise hit, appearing on Netflix without much fanfare yet muscled its way into the pop-culture consciousness of 2016. A lot more will be expected of the Duffer Brothers this time around ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's way too far away for my liking, but was a pretty good teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Interesting we see the 3 lads on their bikes and at school and no Will. Not surprised by that though.

landscape-1486985208-stranger-things-mike-wheeler-1.jpg

gallery-1486985571-stranger-things-mike-wheeler.jpg

gallery-1486986380-stranger-things-mike-wheeler-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Juts came across this thread. I watched this and thought it was ok. One thing. Anyone else think the kids were far too OTT. It was like they wanted them to be speaking lines every second at break neck speed. It came across so bloody forced....They were constantly interrupting each other to get their lines in....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

walshb wrote: »
    Juts came across this thread. I watched this and thought it was ok. One thing. Anyone else think the kids were far too OTT. It was like they wanted them to be speaking lines every second at break neck speed. It came across so bloody forced....They were constantly interrupting each other to get their lines in....

Personally I find that a more realistic way of doing a scene. How many times in real life do people talk one at a time? If you're having a conversation with your friends quite often you speak over each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

They're kids! All kids think what they have to say is more important than what the other kid is currently saying

• Registered Users Posts: 55,513 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Personally I find that a more realistic way of doing a scene. How many times in real life do people talk one at a time? If you're having a conversation with your friends quite often you speak over each other.

I understand that alright. It just didn't work for me in this show....sounded too forced. It was not natural. Very robotic and OTT dialogue for the sake of dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I understand that alright. It just didn't work for me in this show....sounded too forced. It was not natural. Very robotic and OTT dialogue for the sake of dialogue.

There is always one misery guts!

:-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Huh. I thought the kids spoke and behaved exactly like they might in real life myself, didn't find it a negative. All too often scripts make the fatal mistake of writing kids like they're little adults, with clunky dialogue to match, as if the writers had never even met a child. Stranger Things' children were allowed to just be kids, blather n' all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

pixelburp wrote: »
    Huh. I thought the kids spoke and behaved exactly like they might in real life myself, didn't find it a negative. All too often scripts make the fatal mistake of writing kids like they're little adults, with clunky dialogue to match, as if the writers had never even met a child. Stranger Things' children were allowed to just be kids, blather n' all.

This. The way they spoke in the show is exactly how 10 year old's actually speak. I found it refreshingly real. Rather than the usual thing of 10 year olds acting like 16 year olds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Shure, at that age weren't we playing Tetris on Game Boy and firing a cap gun? Or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Watched the 8 episodes this weekend ....
    WOW !!!! Amazing show!! Music, acting , writing ... perfect !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Also binge-watched this recently and thought it was excellent. The child acting is superb IMO. 
    Felt almost effortlessly manipulated by the amount of shameless 80s tropes (ET, Alien, Lost Boys, Close Encounters, Stephen King, John Hughes) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Hopefully new trailer to come..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

strangerthingss2keyart_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Two tweets out today .. I assume in advance of the Comic Con trailer:
    Barb related:
    https://twitter.com/Stranger_Things/status/887731264232357889
    The Government Facility related:
    https://twitter.com/Stranger_Things/status/888081078610612224

• Registered Users Posts: 60,555 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The trailer is out I can't link it on my phone.

It's awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

The trailer is out I can't link it on my phone.

It's awesome.

EDIT: Just watched it.... wow! It did its job, ridiculously excited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Looks like they dialed the 80s references right up to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Damn, cannot wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Looks like they dialed the 80s references right up to 11.

Ha that's what I was thinking, great trailer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh man, that's a damn fine trailer...

.. gave shag all away but great use of MJ and plenty to get excited about!

Gonna be a LOOOONG 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Brilliant trailer alright. I'd been looking forward to season 2 but thinking we'd be in for a disappointment given how much hype there is for it. That trailer has certainly dialed the hype up even more but it's giving me the impression it'll live up to it. Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Brilliant trailer. First series was so perfect I didn't really want a second series

Now I can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Was waiting for that laugh to come in. Great use of that song!

Excellent trailer, and definitely sows the seeds of intrigue without giving too much away (well, bar the return of
    Eleven, but is that really much of a surprise?
    . The arcade was perhaps a littttle bit too nostalgia-baiting, but otherwise I think it looked pitch perfect.

Plus, no apparent growth spurts in the young cast that might have ruined the illusion of the gang of friends so brilliantly assembled in season 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Fcuking love that trailer! Love the fact it's out around Halloween time as well. Woop!

Advertisement