Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The first scenes are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have low enough expectations going into this so looking forward to being surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Going to unfollow the thread for the time being. See ye all when I've finished season 2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

ShazGV wrote: »
    Going to unfollow the thread for the time being. See ye all when I've finished season 2. :D

Think I'll do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    .. with host Jim Rash
    dean-pelton-sword-3.gif

OK, I'm unsubscribing as I'll probably be getting through these slowly..

Wearing my Stranger Things shirt in anticipation..

20171027_092148.jpg

• Advertisement

First episode is really good!

It all just works! Top performances. Music!

Obviously:
    Eleven!

Story:
    Everything is welcoming back into the world and catching up on what's been going on and bringing in the new characters just right.

If I was to call new influences:
    there's the obvious Aliens but also a feel of Terminator too. Although, both have that similar scifi feel.

Finally:
    Barb Feels! Well played. Well played.

This is gonna be a good weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

3 episodes in....great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Finished it there. Was quite good although thought there'd a bigger ending

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Apparently the dude who plays Jonathan was deported back to London on arrival to LAX, after being found with cocaine on him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Starting chapter 7 now. I'm enjoying it so far, it's a bit dark in places which is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hmm I'm nearly finished with it but I feel it's not as strong as season 1....seems to lose its way every so often....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

4 episodes in and I'm finding it very disappointing. I think the whole novelty of series one has totally worn off. This series seems forced. Theres no mystery, no intrigue. I can't warm to the new characters, they are all insipid so far. I enjoyed series one immensely but I'm thinking I was content with it as a whole, maybe I didn't need anymore. It was complete. The only thing i'm enjoying is the callouts to 80s nostalgia and the odd song, eventhough the soundtrack is a lot poorer than the first series. Heres hoping for vast improvements.

3 episodes in and think it's good.
    Eleven looked a bit Terminator in the third episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Really enjoying series 2 but I really don't care for Eleven

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Elessar

Just finished it and it really came into its own in the final two episodes, which, I noted were written and directed by the Duffer brothers. Most of the previous episodes were written and directed by different people and I felt they were lackluster and missing mystery and tension in comparisson. You can really tell when the Duffer brothers are at the helm - it's a much better show.

That said, I enjoyed it and can't wait for Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

3 episodes in and I was almost prepared to be disappointed, but I'm really enjoying it.

Let's face it, the cast make it.. and they're much more confident and grounded in their roles this year.

The 80's references are definitely much more in your face this year..
    Dart = Gizmo from Gremlins
    but it's so fun that I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it. Maybe not as good as season one because it was a novelty but still just such a good watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just finished. Liked it but was less mysterious than the first season naturally enough. Still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Finished it there. Interesting one, it was a bit of a mixed bag if I am honest.

When it is good, it is very very good, but it has a lot of low spots. The whole of episode 7 was just plain awful, if they had cut that episode and just had the 8 episodes, the season would have been so much better, it was pointless, awful storyline and badly thought through. The whole concept of 0008 was good but it just seems they had no idea what to do with it. It did make me wonder what happened to the otherr 9 000X kids assuming 0011 was the last.
    Things that bugged me
    1. Steve and Nancy and the whole Barb storyline.
    2. Steve and Dustin car trip to Dart. High noon when Dustin got into Steve car outside Will place, pitch dark when get to Dustin house. Given they live in the same town, it is a trip of maybe 15 mins max, maybe 45mins if they had to pick up Steve bat. Know it needed to be night for the whole mood setting, but it was just ridiculous planned.
    3. Billy. What was the point of him. Unless they have big plans for him in season 3 then I just don't get him

Things I loved
    1. Steve, he was so good and funny to watch this season. Loved his interaction with Dustin, they really worked brilliantly together. Highlight was Dustin purr to show off his teeth (so funny) and Steve telling him not to do that, and Steven giving him advice on hair products and girls.
    2. Bob's death, sure you knew it was going happen, and was telegraphed from the moment he had to go to turn on the breakers (jurassic park style) but even so, it got me in the feels, just heartbreaking.
    3. The mind melder explanation. Love the whole scene and the sheriff reaction, brilliantly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Halfway through and not really doing it for me.
    Just a carbon copy of Season 1 so far....weird and wacky.

As for the lead characters, I actually find Dustin a torture. I don't enjoy when he's on screen.

Overall not inspiring me to watch the second half.

• Advertisement

Just finished episode 6! Still good!
    That was so totally Aliens! Combining that with my Terminator feel after 1-3, I think it might have been more Terminator 2.. I'm seeing a Sequels pattern! What will 7-9 bring!?
    :)

At this point so far, I'd be recommending Episodes [1-3] as a group. Like.. if ye're wanting to plan your binge :)

Have to watch more to get a better feel for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

Watched the whole 9 hours last night and loved every second of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Am on episode four. I'm liking it, but for me it just lacks that magic that the first season had- but I suppose that was always going to happen.
    I'm loving Max, she's awesome! I feel Joyce's boyfriend has death written all over him!

It's quite slow moving too.. it could pick up the pace a little in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

When it is good, it is very very good, but it has a lot of low spots. The whole of episode 7 was just plain awful, if they had cut that episode and just had the 8 episodes, the season would have been so much better, it was pointless, awful storyline and badly thought through. The whole concept of 0008 was good but it just seems they had no idea what to do with it. It did make me wonder what happened to the otherr 9 000X kids assuming 0011 was the last.

have to agree about episode 7. Looks like it may be a spin off in mind, depending on the reaction to that episode.

I also don't really get
    how 11 is much more vocal all of a sudden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I’m enjoying the first 4 and I didn’t expect to. The story has moved on so it can’t be as mysterious.

The only thing I don’t like is one of the new younger characters. A mullet with an attitude. The other is great but underused so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is Sean Astin a nod to The Goonies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Totally setup for a spin-off series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Thought it was great, possibly better then Season One!

"Is Sean Astin a nod to the Goonies?" No he's a Lord of the Ring reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Thought it was great, possibly better then Season One!

Just finished it myself and I thought the same. Very happy with how season 2 panned out and I think I enjoyed it more than the rewatch of season 1 last weekend. Roll on season 3 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Basq wrote: »
    dean-pelton-sword-3.gif

OK, I'm unsubscribing as I'll probably be getting through these slowly..

Wearing my Stranger Things shirt in anticipation..

20171027_092148.jpg

Jaysis, that shirt is pretty woeful.

Advertisement