Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Don't see the point of getting it on Blu Ray or DVD if you ave it on Netflix! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

py2006 wrote: »
    Don't see the point of getting it on Blu Ray or DVD if you ave it on Netflix! :confused:

They should really release on VHS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

What if you don't have netflix? Besides HBO stuff like Game of Thrones sells by the truckload on DVD/Bluray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Do Netflix shows usually get DVD releases?

you can get House of Cards on disc anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    They should really release on VHS

The DVD boxset is designed as an old VHS box if thats any good? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭corkie

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He had very little to do last season and seemed a little different from the other child actors, like they had just cast a kid that looked like Winona Ryder's son. Proven very wrong by S2, he did a great job.

In fairness to the lad, he has had previous practice of creepy and being strapped to a chair.

My favourite Panic At The Disco song.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mars Bar wrote: »
    In fairness to the lad, he has had previous practice of creepy and being strapped to a chair.

My favourite Panic At The Disco song.

I wonder if that's where they got the idea for S2?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stranger Things creators The Duffer Brothers are the latest to be accused of abusing women.
    “We are deeply upset to learn that someone felt uncomfortable on our set,” the Duffer brothers said in a statement.

Peyton Brown, a grip for the show, wrote on Instagram that she would not return for Season 3 of “Stranger Things” because the Duffers created a hostile work environment for women. They “sought out and verbally abused multiple women,” Brown alleged.

Netflix said it looked into the allegation and “found no wrongdoing,” according to a spokesman.

Brown later deleted her Instagram post and reposted it without comments.

Though it did not name any names, a comment on the original post reportedly read, “There was yelling, there were insults, there were threats and people were even fired or forced to quit because of them.”

The Duffer brothers added: “We think it is important not to mischaracterize our set, where we believe strongly in treating everyone fairly regardless of gender, orientation, race, religion, or anything else. We remain totally committed to providing a safe and collaborative working environment for everyone on our productions.”

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/netflix-stranger-things-creators-respond-to-allegation-of-abuse-1202723414/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

At the end there.. in the hoodie.. is
    that Eleven with a shaved head?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Do we have a release date for season 3? Even a guesstimate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_Things#Release
    The third season will once again consist of eight episodes.[18] It is not expected to be released until late 2018 or early 2019.[59][60][112]

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The mall indicates as "coming next summer" so am guessing closer to mid 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Do we have a release date for season 3? Even a guesstimate?

Summer 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 29,038 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I read somewhere that's because it's going to be set in the summer and not released in the summer. But we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 Comic Con teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Something Starcourt This Way Comes

south_park_Something_Wall-Mart_This_Way_Comes.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,038 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Season 3 episode names.
    https://twitter.com/Stranger_Things/status/1071932624732635136?s=19

I hope they drop in a Back to the Future reference in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Does each season have an arc? Or is the same story line being played out into season 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Peatys wrote: »
    Does each season have an arc? Or is the same story line being played out into season 3?

It's a continuation of a storyline, like other TV shows.

It's a continuation of a storyline, like other TV shows.

I know the characters and main arc would continue, but I'm asking is there any close out of the s1, s2 story arcs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Peatys wrote: »
    I know the characters and main arc would continue, but I'm asking is there any close out of the s1, s2 story arcs?

S1
    you think it's all over, but suddenly we realise it's not, but the initial mcguffin is solved

S2
    We know at the end there's more to come from the Upside Down, we know more about 11 and too much about other secondary characters that the fans hated, so may not see in S3

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

S1
    you think it's all over, but suddenly we realise it's not, but the initial mcguffin is solved

S2
    We know at the end there's more to come from the Upside Down, we know more about 11 and too much about other secondary characters that the fans hated, so may not see in S3

Cheers for the info. I'll give it a bash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Advertisement