Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

They are really milking this season, no need to drag it out another seven months !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great. This should arrive in time to cure the post-GOT blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'm surprised. Just watching season 2 now. For me, the show has been a bit of a hard slog. Not addictive at all. I think they have been stretching it out too much. They should have gotten to the point sooner. Feels like a Spielberg movie, where it takes forever to get to the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Looks great, can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Difficult to ascertain anything in terms of narrative from that trailer(why would they go into major detail at this point anyway?) . Hopefully the narrative is tight like the first season, introducing too many plot threads will only result in filler like episode seven from season two.
    The hardest thing for them to achieve now is surprising the audience, hopefully they can pull that off.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Anyone else get the E.T reference at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Any idea what year it’s set?

ST2 was 1984 (Ghostbusters)

Anyway. Looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not as exciting as that fantastic S2 teaser (as below).. but very good nonetheless!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trailers be trailers, but it looks a lot punchier than season 2; I think part of the problem with the second season was that it tried to recreate the first run's beats and tone too slavishly.

Going by the footage and setting, this comes off more like a 'proper' sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

OU812 wrote: »
    Any idea what year it’s set?

ST2 was 1984 (Ghostbusters)

Anyway. Looks great

Summer 1985.
    Lack of Back to the future references sadly. Might not have gotten the rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

This looks amazing big fan of the show.

Anyone know what version of teenage wasteland song this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

biggebruv wrote: »
    This looks amazing big fan of the show.

Anyone know what version of teenage wasteland song this is?

ConfidentialMX Remix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

S3 trailer is awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Basq wrote: »
    Not as exciting as that fantastic S2 teaser (as below).. but very good nonetheless!

Aye, but then look how Season 2 turned out; maybe this latest run has a higher chance of success, given the expectations have now dipped a little after the slightly wobbly follow-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Once there's no equivalent of that awful Episode 7: The Lost Sister episode this year, I'll probably be happy regardless!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,038 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Weren't there people suggesting that could be a backdoor pilot for a spinoff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Weren't there people suggesting that could be a backdoor pilot for a spinoff?

If it were it almost certainly died due to the subsequent feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I love this show uses the tone and seasons of whenever it’s set really adds to the atmosphere

Season 2s Halloween vibe was awesome
    And I’m loving the look of the summer vibe in season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement

Hopefully this time they remember to give Billy something resembling a characterisation or arc;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hopefully this time they remember to give Billy something resembling a characterisation or arc;

Like keeping Mrs. Wheeler busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I see that secret cinema are doing a stranger things screening in association with netflix in London from nov
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/stranger-things-season-3-secret-cinema-tickets-experience-date-a8923266.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

gmisk wrote: »
    I see that secret cinema are doing a stranger things screening in association with netflix in London from nov
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/stranger-things-season-3-secret-cinema-tickets-experience-date-a8923266.html

Sounds amazing. I'm in. Have a friend who has been to a couple of Secret Cinemas and raves about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coke are bringing back New Coke for a limited release in association with Season 3.

Not sure if this will just be in the States or Worldwide.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It was never released here in the first place, so it’d possibly be lost as a nostalgia piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Can see that song hitting the charts again too.

High hopes for this season

Am I the only one who thinks of John-Ralphio every time I see Steve?

Entertainment 720!

(One for the parks & rec fans perhaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pixelburp wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks of John-Ralphio every time I see Steve?
    Nope, definitely not. In fact..

Fl-hushed with caaasssh!

• Advertisement

Haha, love it.

Tech-nically I'm Hommmeless!!

Advertisement