Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Like keeping Mrs. Wheeler busy.

I'd do that job for free. There's something about her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Cool Poster. I like how one of the replies puts it alongside the season 1 poster:
    https://twitter.com/milevenways/status/1135913252129452032

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really awesome poster.

Billy in the Upside Down...? Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

wow, they are starting to get older looking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That trailer is excellent. Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

This reminds me greatly of what Spielberg used to be capable of.

Such a shame he wouldn’t develop something like this for Netflix or hbo where so much more story can be told than in a 2 hour movie.

OU812 wrote: »
    This reminds me greatly of what Spielberg used to be capable of.

Such a shame he wouldn’t develop something like this for Netflix or hbo where so much more story can be told than in a 2 hour movie.

he's working on a series for prime but its historical based

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Needs more Steve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That was a tad more plot heavy than I was expecting TBH, watchers beware. Though looks like Billy won't be as pointless as he was last season.

Wonder if Netflix will apply their "3 seasons then cancel" rule here, given the huge success of this it's probably unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

pixelburp wrote: »
    That was a tad more plot heavy than I was expecting TBH, watchers beware. Though looks like Billy won't be as pointless as he was last season.

Wonder if Netflix will apply their "3 seasons then cancel" rule here, given the huge success of this it's probably unlikely.

I think the Duffer brothers said it was a four or five season show that they had mapped out and envisaged so I'd imagine they'll be given that flexibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,038 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Won't watch any of the latest trailers, but in that recap, I wouldn't recognise Will. Maybe it's just the hair

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think the Duffer brothers said it was a four or five season show that they had mapped out and envisaged so I'd imagine they'll be given that flexibility.

Hmmm; that awful season 2 episode "The Lost Sister" was obviously meant as a backdoor pilot, but went down like a dose of salts so I'd wonder how flexible those plans are...

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Won't watch any of the latest trailers

Good idea. The last trailer gives a lot away.

92% Hrrrmmm

Looking on the main page then looks like the slow slippage continues:
    Season 1: 96%
    Season 2: 94%
    Season 3: 92%

All by 2%. What a co-incidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stranger Things 3 starts today. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Mr E wrote: »
    Stranger Things 3 starts today. :o
    Its on my app.....must resist til tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't think it's here until 8am Friday

It's there now.

It's there now.
    I know thats why i edited my post! :)

I will save til I can watch on the tele at home tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 20,738 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Slydice wrote: »
    92% Hrrrmmm

Looking on the main page then looks like the slow slippage continues:
    Season 1: 96%
    Season 2: 94%
    Season 3: 92%

All by 2%. What a co-incidence.

That's really good as each season is held up to the last and with anything its nearly impossible to beat the first , remember the first season is always something new and fresh its very hard to top that each year,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Need my brain checked as I thought July was another month away. :o:confused:

That's really good as each season is held up to the last and with anything its nearly impossible to beat the first , remember the first season is always something new and fresh its very hard to top that each year,
    Its also up to 96% now :)

Rottentomatoes is all a bit silly really I think probably reading reviews of critics you like and trust a better way to go.

Agreed! I really REALLY liked season 1.

95% (critics) - 93% (users) now on RT. I think that's a good sign. Like it's bobbing up and down around the top :)
    Need my brain checked as I thought July was another month away. :o:confused:

Maybe head down to the lab in Hawkins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

I'm through the first 5 and it's awesome

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good rhythm. Everyone just getting on with the normality of their kid, teenage and adult lives. They got the Terminator reference in there early, huh? Poor Hopper had a
    big old Dad size freak out...the talk in the car was great craic altogether, the look on his face. Honestly had forgotten who Billy was until he took off his shades, seems he's getting the Barb treatment as Will's spidey sense tingles. Given the sexist jackasses at Nancy's place I'm guessing the Peggy Olsen route for her. Dustin, sir, careful where you tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

just binge watched season 3 totally worth it excellent 10/10

• Advertisement

Man, I don't remember previous episodes hitting the licensed music as hard as that season 3 opener. Shades of Suicide Squad there, one track slice immediately leading into another. Not a fan TBH and feels like a lazy nod for some contemporaneous colour.

Nothing really to remark on the mystery, though the opening scene was pure B movie cheese. Character wise, the rest was just table setting, establishing everyone's new normal, Chief Hopper's nervous-angry Dad routine the standout treat.

The shopping mall setting is pure neon vomit though and I suspect that's the point. Again I don't remember the nostalgia baton being wielded so heavily previously, as the scenes in the mall.

Advertisement