Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Though meant to add: anyone else finding a problem with
    no subtitles for the Russian scenes?
    . Not sure if that's a deliberate choice or a bug with the playback

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.1: This feels like proper Stranger Things. Good intro and catch-up.

The
    Russian bit is new to me. Felt good to have a surprise at the start.
    Also glad the
    bit about Billy happened so early after they kinda gave it out in the trailer.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    anyone else finding a problem with
    no subtitles for the Russian scenes?

no problems here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Some serious product placement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Maybe I'm only really nothing it now but it feels like half the conversations between characters are arguments. It's as if they forget everything they've been through before. Find a lot of characters just to be wingey now especially Max but especially Mike (if I can steal that Sideshow Bob's quote). The two of them are about as likeable as a sinus infection now.
    The large Russian biker goes a bit too heavy on the Terminator tribute in episode 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

ERG89 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm only really nothing it now but it feels like half the conversations between characters are arguments. It's as if they forget everything they've been through before. Find a lot of characters just to be wingey now especially Max but especially Mike (if I can steal that Sideshow Bob's quote). The two of them are about as likeable as a sinus infection now.
    The large Russian biker goes a bit too heavy on the Terminator tribute in episode 5.

Yeah every episode seems to have scenes where females characters lecture/belittle male characters. Very tiresome.

Thought series 3 was very average. Not scary and no sense of danger for any of the main characters.

• Advertisement

3.2: Well..
    things are moving very fast with the monster.

Looks like the Russians have an Upside-Down programme of their own.

At the start of the episode they got me. I legit thought Billy had escaped. Now at the end it's feeling a bit like a prequel to Aliens.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

4 episodes in and not sure what I think. Loving the music, but it’s all a bit moody teenager #metoo ish at times
    I’ll stick with it but think it’s lost the hubby.
    Know it could never top Season 1, but finding it a bit meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Just finished episode 8. Wow! The whole series was just brilliant. I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone but I'm off to watch some Limahl on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Hop might be alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Skerries wrote: »
    Hop might be alive?

I reckon it depends on how his movie career takes off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it.

Hope they make another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just finished it. Really enjoyed it.

Hope they make another.

Avoid until all of season 3 is watched
    Season 4 is 100% confirmed.

Finished watching it today and while really good, it didn't gel quite as well with the previous seasons, as season two did with the first.

3.3: That episode was great! This has got to be the episode where this season draws the line between it and the previous seasons.
    The was just so much in it. The moment between Hopper and Joyce. Will out at the fort. Elevens powers. The Russians.

Then that ending! Bye, bye Miss American Pie! Drove mah Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hopper is alive he is in the upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That season didn't quite do it for me but had some fun moments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

I hope Hopper comes back

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: this isn't out a weekend, please remember to include spoiler tags, especially for late episode details.

That's the ending spoiled for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭cena

Mod: this isn't out a weekend, please remember to include spoiler tags, especially for late episode details.

Hope it wasn't me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Just starting Episode 4. Starting to get really good.

I can't think of any better way to spend a hangover then to binge this show it is just such good old fashioned FUN!

Really cute that Nancy and Jonathan are going out in real life.

cena wrote: »
    Hope it wasn't me

Nope. But a pretty annoyed mod who's only just finished episode 2.

• Advertisement

Ah no. Thanks for saving the rest of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

ERG89 wrote: »

Kids, especially boys that age when in a group ARE shouty and annoying though it is spot on IMO

3.4: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, ending spoiled here too. C'mon.. common sense needed!

Watched first 4.. actually really exciting and dark this year. Better than season 2 for sure so far.

Plus the pairing of Steve and Dustin is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Quite liked that season taught it felt a bit stronger then the second season in the end.

Im thinking hopper is in that jail with the Russians. Usually when they dont show a character dying it leaves the door open.

It didn't take away from how i felt about this season or how i judged it but i did get the impression from most of the episodes there was clearly a female empowerment vibe thrown into this season.

Sign of the times more then anything i guess.

3.5: Well. Now I remember how well these guys do horror!

It's like
    on one side a kinda Russian terminator dude
    and on the other
    side a kinda Zombie crossed into The Thing meets Stranger Things horde!

How the Russians see this as a good idea is beyond me.. although I imagine the immediate fallout happening in America doesn't bother them.

I wonder if the Russians have anything to do with the people Eleven was spying on during the first season.

I .. I can't possibly can I? I mean I need sleep...

Yes I can! I think I can checkpoint after this one too. Either way, need sleep!

3.6: Definitely looks like we
    are setup for the ending here. Looks like there'll be a two part battle going on at the end.

One, the kids versus the monster to sort out the here and now.

Two, the US army and Hopper and Joyce versus the Russians to close the gate.

Eleven looks to have really strengthened her powers. Just seems like not needing the isolation tank and just a TV/Showers shows that she has come a long way. So she's gotta have a big moment coming up.

In the episode, I
    lol'd at Dustin nerding up Erica.
    :)

Also just remembered from the last episode (3.5)
    the success feeling moment for Steve winning the fight
    :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I do like Chief's shirt. :pac:

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    Some serious product placement

You're not kidding. Can't help but wonder if the Starcourt setting was a ploy to link up with real world brands wanting to join the "yay, nostalgia" chicanery. The Duffers are riffing on stuff like Night of the Comet and Dawn of the Dead with the setting, so maybe its both.

The branding above the stores were pretty prominent during episode 2, reaching almost Michael-Bay-Transformers levels of obnoxiousness.

Advertisement