Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

py2006 wrote: »
    Well, somebody has their moody knickers on today!

Not really. It's just every time I see Englund acting in any role, my internal thought is "Ah, there's Freddie Kruger!", and almost always, he disappoints in comparison.

I'm sorry say it, but Englund will always be Freddie Kruger for me, and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,038 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Freddy? Nah he's Willie from V to me. :)

I'm sure there'll be a reference to Freddy anyway. Maybe even just wearing a similar jumper.

As for the kids, sure Mike shot up last season.
    I was thinking about this since started watching His Dark Materials recently. First 2 seasons shot back to back which means the kids will look older in season 3.
    I was thinking they could just carry on as normal, do a time jump, recast younger or cancel. This is a reason I Am Not Okay With This was cancelled and I would've been fine with them looking older instead of them cancelling.
    With His Dark Materials, they likely have to stick with a timeline so time jumps aren't optional. (I'm not spoiling as I haven't read the books so no idea on timelines or anything)
    For Stranger Things is there any reason to not do a time jump? Though I think they already started filming the latest season which means it may be jarring to see them all look older between episodes. But I think they hit puberty last season so mightn't be too obvious of changes between episodes. Nothing that can't be addressed through camera angles or makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pixelburp wrote: »
    I had been thinking of this only the other day: how long has this been delated in shooting? You'd have to wonder if the kids have aged themselves out of their respective roles - even from the simple point of view of internal continuity within the season.

You just set the story later, to whatever age they happen to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

flazio wrote: »

A strange virus from the upside down puts the world in lockdown. Everybody comes out of their bunkers looking a little bit older.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

flazio wrote: »

Indeed, but then they had shot some of the season so as said above you'd have to do some major rewrites to factor in a time jump of some sort. Just comes across as messy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

pixelburp wrote: »
    Indeed, but then they had shot some of the season so as said above you'd have to do some major rewrites to factor in a time jump of some sort. Just comes across as messy!

Yeah. I know several shows that are back filming and are having to finish off episodes they started before everything shut down. If you've got little kids on a show, 7-8 months can make a huge difference.

S4 apparently started filming in January and was supposed to go on until August. So if it shut down in March they probably didn't have that much actually filmed. They could probably have reworked the remaining episodes enough if they really needed to but they might just assume people will be forgiving if one of them is suddenly a full grown man mid episode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Freddy? Nah he's Willie from V to me. :)

A man of culture I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Tazzimus wrote: »
    A man of culture I see.

Sorry guys, as much as liked him as Willie in V.....he will ALWAYS be Freddy!

I saw V first so when I finally saw Nightmare and later found out Robert Englund played him, I was surprised. Actually I think I saw Freddy's Nightmares before I saw the first film.

Maybe they should have fed the Stranger Things kids what the cast of Malcolm in the Middle were given to be sure they never got any older.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer tomorrow by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Finn Wolfhard said recently he doesn't think season 4 will air until next year, so could be a wait!

youtube link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Feels season one .. ish.. that would be cool!

Stranger Things star David Harbour says season 4 sets up "definite ending"

"I can't wait for people to see it."

Having released a brief teaser trailer last month, the Netflix series has yet to confirm a return date but speaking recently, Harbour teased what fans can expect from the fourth run.

As well as revealing season 4 will move beyond Hawkins and is his "favourite" so far, the Hopper actor confirmed the show is "tightening and wrapping up in a certain direction to make it have a clear, clean, specific, and definite ending at some point".

"I mean, it's bigger, that's the first thing," Harbour told Collider.

"In scope, in scale, even in the idea that we're not in Hawkins anymore. We, locale-wise, we're bigger.

"We're introducing new stuff, but we're also tightening and wrapping up in a certain direction to make it have a clear, clean, specific, and definite ending at some point, which I can't really talk about."

He later added: "[Season 4] is really my favourite season. I just love it. The scripts always get better and these guys, they started out [with] season 1 [being] so tight and good and intimate in a certain way, it's so good.

"And these guys go in different directions, of which the fans have multiple takes on, but I will say, the writing continues to be of its particular, specific genre, whatever they're doing each season is just extraordinary. And this, again, we top it. Like I feel it's a big, beautiful season. I can't wait for people to see it."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a36784827/stranger-things-david-harbour-season-4-ending/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It’s not your fault but every time a see a new reply in this thread I think it’s a release date

Dodge wrote: »
    It’s not your fault but every time a see a new reply in this thread I think it’s a release date

i feel its coming :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, the first teaser came out nearly 1.5 years ago. Obviously, we all know why there has been a delay but still mad to think about.

Still hoping the delay hasn't caused continuity issues with the cast:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trying to figure out if Millie looks more like Winona Ryder or Hilary Swank in that shot. Maybe a bit of both

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not surprised that season 4 is going to have a definite ending because with the pandemic stopping things the actors playing the main characters are all adults or nearly adults and at some point it starts to make continuity and that the kids have grown up more than they should have in storyline.

I'd be fairly surprised if Netflix don't have a spin off or two planned for this. Though IIRC, an episode in season 2(?) already gave spin off vibes when we met another kid from the lab. The show has easily been one of its biggest mainstream hits - maybe even its largest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

With the clips from the previous seasons it does a a whiff of a final season about it.

A new trailer appeared, and now I'm even less the wiser what season 4 might involve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Haunting of Strange Manor..?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The Ghostbusters and Slimed reference has me thinking there'll be slime in the Upside down this time.. well.. like.. more slime 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

fwiw Harbour didn’t say season 4 would have a definitive ending. He said it ‘sets up’ a definitive ending

looks like some time travel is happening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Advertisement