Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Slydice wrote: »
    It was just like that. I haven't changed the spoiler tags.

I just added the extra warning in red text.

What's the issue then? Someone saw spoilers when they looked under spoiler tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

4 Episodes in.This show is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

What's the issue then? Someone saw spoilers when they looked under spoiler tags?

The post in question is showing on my phone with no spoiler tags in it, weird, stranger things have happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

^^ I don't understand what's happening here. That entire post is behind spoiler tags.... was it not like that originally?
    The post in question is showing on my phone with no spoiler tags in it, weird, stranger things have happened though.

Looks like a bug on the touch site where the quote tag within the spoiler is causing the spoiler section to end and display the spoiler on screen. I submitted a bug report on Site Development http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100431011

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

JohnK wrote: »
    Looks like a bug on the touch site where the quote tag within the spoiler is causing the spoiler section to end and display the spoiler on screen. I submitted a bug report on Site Development http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100431011

I see it now. Yep, it's on the phone that happens. I've gone in and edited a bunch more spoiler tags now. All fixed on my phone.

Sorry pc7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Wow
    Just finished the Series, watched them in 3 days after work
    Everything about this show was glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Started the show last night and watched an episode, watched the other 7 today after work. Couldn't stop once I started. Think it's my favourite Netflix show yet which considering I've loved a load of them is a nice accomplishment

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Same with me on phone no spoiler tag, sorry if there. My reply should have said spoilered not spolier red (autocorrect)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Slydice wrote: »
    I see it now. Yep, it's on the phone that happens. I've gone in and edited a bunch more spoiler tags now. All fixed on my phone.

Sorry pc7.

Cheers sorry was in the horrors as only had 1 episode left.
    Great show don't know what to watch tonight, nothing will touch it. Not sure I want a season 2 just don't see how they can top or even match it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Well...yesterday was a great day.

"Ah, sure I'll just lash on the one and see what all the fuss is about"

"3.30am - FIN"

Absolutely loved it. Didn't strike me as something that I'd watch if it weren't for the buzz generated by it, but **** me, I was surprisingly impressed! Music was a big bonus. Really got the hook in deep.

Can't wait for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we can all agree whoever reviewed it for Empire magazine really hasn't a clue what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think we can all agree whoever reviewed it for Empire magazine really hasn't a clue what they are talking about.
    Jesus yeah.. I forgot about that!

Stand by what I said... the best original show Netflix have done and undoubtedly will be hard to top this year both on network TV and cable.

Now where's the season 2 renewal Netflix?!?

They've revamped their mag to include a bigger review section for online/streaming media. I wonder will they just copy and paste their own online review into the next issue or will they have had someone else watch it all and do a different review?

Basq wrote: »
    Now where's the season 2 renewal Netflix?!?

They seem to be busy this weekend with Comic-Con, loads of Marvel stuff being announced.

I keep forgetting it's only been a week since this was released. It feels like much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

According to page one of the thread, it's already been renewed! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,878 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sheep? wrote: »
    According to page one of the thread, it's already been renewed! :pac:
    I'll rather official confirmation from Netflix to be honest.. although it is inevitable!

Ah yeah I agree.

Plus that appeared before the series even aired! :D

That's how good this show is!

I dunno, there's an interview there with the producers from July 12th and they said they were very very confident of a second season but said it hadn't been confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The kid who played Eleven is extremely talented.The kids were great actors.Fantastic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The kids stole the show alright. The older son was brutal. Not sure about his weird Korean pop star wig either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 1878_

Watched all 8 episodes over two nights! Absolutely fantastic show. Loved it. Made me feel like a kid again.

I was always a big fan of Super 8 so between the similarities and the 80's movie references just completed the series for me.

Can't wait for the next one.

Winona Ryder was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

This site lists a majority of the soundtrack on a per-episode basis:

http://www.tunefind.com/show/stranger-things/season-1/36509

Even catches obscure stuff that was used but never had a commercial release, like the song playing in Nancy's bedroom in Episode 6.

(which you can actually listen to here: http://www.megatrax.com/browse-details.php?id=500234 click the play button next to "I See The Future")

Grayditch wrote: »
    The kids stole the show alright. The older son was brutal. Not sure about his weird Korean pop star wig either.

HA!

Me and my brother were constantly taking the piss out of the poor chap.

"Can you understand him?"

"Course not, but the other characters seem to understand Japanese so it's balancing out."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dustin to AV club teacher:

'Why are you keeping this curiosity door locked?'

Hero. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished it. Terrific series overall. Easily the best thing Netflix has done, by miles. Such a great group effort, the kids, the chief, even Nancy showed some balls in the end. The atmosphere that was at times perilous and akin to a horror film, with just enough emotion too. Some nice little flourishes of humour that were well judged. And yet, come the end, we still don't know a lot about what 'it' is. But yeah, dammit, I hope some kids get to see this. If it doesn't make you smile, well, frankly good TV is lost on you. It was a pleasure to spend time with these characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

this was like one long movie over two nights, i absolutely loved every minute of it! kids were the highlight for me, eleven is one amazing actress!
    hope to jaysus its renewed for another season!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rega

My brother is up staying with me for the night. He hasn't seen it before or heard of it.

YYEEEESSSSSSSS

Watching it again.

I'm so happy.

this was like one long movie over two nights, i absolutely loved every minute of it! kids were the highlight for me, eleven is one amazing actress!
    hope to jaysus its renewed for another season!

I saw some pictures of the girl who plays her and she looks vert tall and much older in them. I don't know if she took a growth spurt since filming on S1 finished or if they were all taken by a very short person but it could be interesting to see how they explain why she suddenly looks way older than the boys. Unless of course they've also taken growth spurts in the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I saw some pictures of the girl who plays her and she looks vert tall and much older in them. I don't know if she took a growth spurt since filming on S1 finished or if they were all taken by a very short person but it could be interesting to see how they explain why she suddenly looks way older than the boys. Unless of course they've also taken growth spurts in the past few months.

The pictures of them that variety has from the Red Carpet Premiere and Party all look so much glossier than the show :eek:
    http://variety.com/gallery/stranger-things-red-carpet-premiere-and-party-winona-ryder-netflix/#!1/cast-19/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm half way through and blown away. Completely the opposit of stuff I normally watch but so many recommended it solely on the 80s nostalgia that we gave it a go

It is so so so much more than nostalgia. It's all I can do not to watch episode five without Mrs Dodge

I was thinking about ditching Netflix but this show is so good I'm probably going to keep it for another while

The theme music and font used in the opening credits had me hooked

Advertisement