Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger Things [Netflix] [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Slydice wrote: »
    The pictures of them that variety has from the Red Carpet Premiere and Party all look so much glossier than the show :eek:
    http://variety.com/gallery/stranger-things-red-carpet-premiere-and-party-winona-ryder-netflix/#!1/cast-19/

Great pics! Am tempted to re-watch already :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

northgirl wrote: »
    Great pics! Am tempted to re-watch already :pac:

Me too.

I finished it last Sunday night and found myself wondering on Thursday if it was too soon to re watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

few questions on last episode - prob overthinking it ... loved the series - it was excellent.Kids were fab and Eleven was just brilliant.
    If the atmosphere was toxic - how come the chief and joyce were able to do mouth to mouth with will and how the hell did they get out of there ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

I finished it over 2 nights. Absolutely loved it!
    I thought the score and soundtrack were excellent.

I am planning a rewatch with the missus!

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    If the atmosphere was toxic - how come the chief and joyce were able to do mouth to mouth with will and how the hell did they get out of there ? :)

I think
    you had to be exposed to it over a period of time. The chief was exposed to it briefly the first time he broke into the lab and so was Nancy when she crawled through the tree. They were both fine after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

few questions on last episode - prob overthinking it ... loved the series - it was excellent.Kids were fab and Eleven was just brilliant.

I just assumed that the
    atmosphere wasn't toxic at all, and that the bad men were just being overly cautious.

The same way they got in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

good paint - :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

No one gives a feck about Barb
    I think Nancy looked upset and was probably thinking about Barb when she walked out of Will's hospital room just after the 4 boys were reunited for the first time. That's the way I read it anyway.

Any opinions on the thing that Will spat up at the end? The most perplexing thing about that, is surely it would have been discovered by medical staff?

• Advertisement

Any opinions on the thing that Will spat up at the end? The most perplexing thing about that, is surely it would have been discovered by medical staff?
    It has to be baby monsters, True but any medical attention he got would not be of looking for anything unusual as how he went missing would have been covered up.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think Nancy looked upset and was probably thinking about Barb when she walked out of Will's hospital room just after the 4 boys were reunited for the first time. That's the way I read it anyway.

Your right, I was just being overly harsh on Barb because it's funny.

It's possible he didn't really spit it up and that he's just hallucinating things.

It's possible he didn't really spit it up and that he's just hallucinating things.

Possible but extremely unlikely imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just finished. Wow that was amazing. There better be a second season

Here's some stuff on possible S2. Some slightly spoilery stuff if you haven't seen all the eps.

http://theplaylist.net/shawn-levy-hoping-several-seasons-stranger-things-netflix-20160725/

Most interesting thing is that the refer to S2 as being a sequel rather than a second series. Not sure what the distinction is there but I guess it suggests it might not be a direct continuation of everything from S1?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Great show alright - real feel of silent hill from it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

My thoughts;
    they were shown immediately after El destroyed the monster. its possible that cleared some of the toxicity. It was noticeably brighter etc

But then...
    We don't know how toxic it was. The monster was able to exist in the real world and it touching others didn't automatically infect them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thinking of watching this again...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great show. I even came home early from work to finish it off. Well worth the sack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Unearthly wrote: »
    the sack

:confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Most interesting thing is that the refer to S2 as being a sequel rather than a second series. Not sure what the distinction is there but I guess it suggests it might not be a direct continuation of everything from S1?

Well they considered S1 as being more of an 8 hour movie rather than a traditional season of TV, so if/when S2 comes along it makes sense that they would refer to it as a sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Just finished watching last night, enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A sequel sounds great. I just hope the kids don't sprout up or too many voices break in the next year.

Huge part of the show's charm was the relationship between the kids and it might lose something if they all became croaky teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

I loved this show. The nostalgia and music of the opening titles gripped me on the first episode, but it wouldn’t have been enough to hold me on that alone.
    I think the whole thing ticked almost every box, just the right amount of fantasy and a great balance of the child actors but quite a relatively adult audience type show.

It wouldn’t have worked if the children weren’t very good actors, but for the most part (especially the main ones) they were excellent.

Judging by the hand squeezing on our couch, the last episode really is the most tense :D

I hope I wasn’t the only one that was kind of afraid to
    look down the sink hole when they brushed their teeth
    after the last scene! 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

J. Marston wrote: »
    A sequel sounds great. I just hope the kids don't sprout up or too many voices break in the next year.

Huge part of the show's charm was the relationship between the kids and it might lose something if they all became croaky teens.
    The show was only shot around January or February so they it might not be too bad.

The show was only shot around January or February so they it might not be too bad.

I don't know if anyone watches The Goldbergs but between S2 and S3 of that the main kid went from being a little squishy faced adorable cutie pie to being about 5ft8 and talking like a chain smoker who had swallowed Kermit the Frog and a load of barbed wire. And that was in the space if about 2-3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

The atmosphere is toxic. But not toxic enough that you'd die as soon as you breath it. Look at will and how sick he was after a week of breathing it. They got out of there by walking through the big ass hole they walked in through...

Wing126 wrote: »
    The atmosphere is toxic. But not toxic enough that you'd die as soon as you breath it. Look at will and how sick he was after a week of breathing it. They got out of there by walking through the big ass hole they walked in through...

I'm not sure it is toxic, as I said before I assumed it was just the bad men being overly cautious saying it was toxic.
    If anyone goes a week outside without much food or water their not going to be in the best of health anyway so it hard to judge.

It could also be that it's toxic at the entrance as there was alot of power used, so maybe radiation was released when the rip was made but the further you move away from the entrance the less toxic it becomes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kidfromkibbly

I don't know if anyone watches The Goldbergs but between S2 and S3 of that the main kid went from being a little squishy faced adorable cutie pie to being about 5ft8 and talking like a chain smoker who had swallowed Kermit the Frog and a load of barbed wire. And that was in the space if about 2-3 months.

Having read an article on the sound, they had wanted to re-record some lines with Dustin in post production, but his voice had already broken.

Advertisement