Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32GB MicroSD image onto a 128GB MicroSD. Missing empty space ?

Options
  • 09-06-2016 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I recently used HDD Raw Copy Tool to get an image of my old 32GB MicroSD card onto a new 128GB one, but after inserting that into my phone all I am seeing is, well, exactly as before :confused:

Can someone explain how I can get all the new unallocated space to appear as available to my Android phone ? BTW I'm using a Win7 machine for the cloning/copying.

Thanks in advance,
    CaSCaDe711 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You cloned it, so it became a clone.

In performing a bit for bit clone you include the partition table so you now have:

|----32GB
    ||
    RAW SPACE
    |

If the SD has bootable content/is encrypted then you might need to clone it, otherwise just copy the files! You should be able to expand the partition though through disk management.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Sorted :D

Using EaseUS Partition Master, that showed all the unallocated space. Dragged the slider to maximum, saved changes, now the card is accurate :)

CaSCaDe711

Advertisement