Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Storage (BIG and Cheap)?

Options
  • 09-06-2016 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Sorry for all the threads - does anyone know of a cloud storage service that's big and cheap. Talking TBs here.

Can it be mapped to a drive and used like a HDD? Used to like onedrive for that but it seems you can't really do that anymore - or am I just missing it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

How much are you storing, how often is it being accessed, what durability are you looking for and what's your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

1-2TB, budget is as low as possible, not that fussed if I lose the stuff. Accessed daily at least.

1-2TB, budget is as low as possible, not that fussed if I lose the stuff. Accessed daily at least.

Onedrive is still probably the cheapest at €6.99/month, and it comes with Office365 online as well which is handy. Capped at 1TB though, so if you do need more than that it's no good.

That would probably do it, can it be mapped like a regular drive do you know? Sorry for all the silly questions!

That would probably do it, can it be mapped like a regular drive do you know? Sorry for all the silly questions!

On windows it can anyway, not sure about other OSs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

How are you going to be using this, and for what, out of interest?

Serephucus wrote: »
    How are you going to be using this, and for what, out of interest?

All me crap tbh. :D Thought it might be easier than buying a NAS.

All me crap tbh. :D Thought it might be easier than buying a NAS.

Ah. Well, let me just say, as some who's been using a NAS for years, and has (as of two days ago) begun migrating to unRAID:

GET A NAS

:D

Ah. Well, let me just say, as some who's been using a NAS for years, and has (as of two days ago) begun migrating to unRAID:

GET A NAS

:D

The only issue is I have two routers and I'm not sure how that would work. I'd need to plug it into the crappy Sky hub downstairs but I have an Archer C8 upstairs and it's wired in. I know nothing about networking :(

That's easily handled with a Google. If that's your only reason for not getting a NAS... Time to hop on Amazon and start another indecisive hardware bout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

..begun migrating to unRAID:

Funny timing, I just rebuilt my Flex array, and upgraded my BIOS & BMC.

I knew there was something I was forgetting. Saw the update and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Amazon cloud drive is worth considering, just signed up myself. Unlimited storage for about $5 a month.

Thanks guys and thanks Logic, 3 month free trial also, happy days!

Advertisement