Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Branch wont let me lodge money - unpaid direct debt fine incurred

Options
  • 09-06-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have just found out that my local branch of BOI is a "cashless bank" for two days of the week. This means that I was unable to lodge money for a direct debt which was due to come out today.

I have since been given a €12.70 penalty fee. I understand that that fee is automated, but I do not feel that it is fair to apply it in my case.

I am waiting for a new ATM card which is taking it's time to arrive, so I could not use the lodgement service on the ATM so I thought I would just lodge the money using photo ID and I was refused, even after explaining my situation. The staff member who normally works the cashier desk was there too. I was told to go to the nearest branch and asked the question "Am I local?".

Of course I am local, it is why it is my branch and the next branch is around 18km away and I do not have the transport or public transport opportunities to get to it.

My only option was to get a bank transfer off a friend but it did not arrive in time.

I am sure that there is discretion allowable in cases like these so I welcome your response on what to do next.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

bbk wrote: »
    Hello,

I have just found out that my local branch of BOI is a "cashless bank" for two days of the week. This means that I was unable to lodge money for a direct debt which was due to come out today.

I have since been given a €12.70 penalty fee. I understand that that fee is automated, but I do not feel that it is fair to apply it in my case.

I am waiting for a new ATM card which is taking it's time to arrive, so I could not use the lodgement service on the ATM so I thought I would just lodge the money using photo ID and I was refused, even after explaining my situation. The staff member who normally works the cashier desk was there too. I was told to go to the nearest branch and asked the question "Am I local?".

Of course I am local, it is why it is my branch and the next branch is around 18km away and I do not have the transport or public transport opportunities to get to it.

My only option was to get a bank transfer off a friend but it did not arrive in time.

I am sure that there is discretion allowable in cases like these so I welcome your response on what to do next.

Thanks
    Good Morning, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. I am sorry that you are unhappy with your recent visit to your branch, if you would like to make a complaint and request your charges be refunded please see our complaints processes here 

Again my apologies that your branch were unable to assist in your lodgement. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement