Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club races feeling the pinch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

To clarify boruman and Westport entries were available today, not through official channels and I would have had to race under someone else's name.

Still available afaik

If they are not official they are not available. Crazy stuff racing under someone elses name.

What happens if you are involved in an accident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

sconhome wrote: »
    If they are not official they are not available. Crazy stuff racing under someone elses name.

What happens if you are involved in an accident?

Write your emergency contact details on your number. Non transfer for safety reasons has always been bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Djoucer wrote: »
    Write your emergency contact details on your number. Non transfer for safety reasons has always been bull****.

Sorry, off topic but... The above is nonsense and selfish. It's an insurance issue, not a safety issue.

EC1000 wrote: »
    Sorry, off topic but... The above is nonsense and selfish. It's an insurance issue, not a safety issue.

It may well be. Not disagreeing you. I was making the point that it's not a safety issue. Seems you're agreeing me.

Possibly on topic too. Who wants to splash out so much money up front and then not able to race it?

It may well be. Not disagreeing you. I was making the point that it's not a safety issue. Seems you're agreeing me.

Possibly on topic too. Who wants to splash out so much money up front and then not able to race it?

Safety and insurance are related though. If you are racing with me and you are not insured then that is a serious safety issue for me. Plus not fair on the organisers... guess who gets sued at the end of the day as a result of uninsured athletes in the field.

• Advertisement

EC1000 wrote: »
    Safety and insurance are related though. If you are racing with me and you are not insured then that is a serious safety issue for me. Plus not fair on the organisers... guess who gets sued at the end of the day as a result of uninsured athletes in the field.

You literally just said it wasn't a safety issue one post back.

Amazing how some races are able to negotiate litigious athletes in allowing transfers while others say "safety reasons."

You literally just said it wasn't a safety issue one post back.

Amazing how some races are able to negotiate litigious athletes in allowing transfers while others say "safety reasons."

You have to distinguish between transfers completed properly in advance versus unofficial swaps on race day.

Anyway, I'm out, no more feeding the troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

To clarify boruman and Westport entries were available today, not through official channels and I would have had to race under someone else's name.

Still available afaik

Absolutely not the case in Westport , I am the RD and under no circumstances were any additional entries sold after we sold out. i turned away 2 guys who turned up to pay on the day.
    There is some hysteria re race numbers , our race has nearly doubled in 2 years and we are a club race .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How come duathlons/aquathlons can take entries on the day?
    Pretty sure the Pulse race took entries on the day a couple of years ago - but allowed perhaps as it was pre-planned?

As someone, who due to other factors, sometimes wakes up on race day or in the days leading up to race day and know I can't race for health reasons - it's a pain in the ass not being able to get refunds/transfers/deferrals on race week. I must have wasted hundreds of euro on race entries for races that in the end, I couldn't do at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

How come duathlons/aquathlons can take entries on the day?
    Pretty sure the Pulse race took entries on the day a couple of years ago - but allowed perhaps as it was pre-planned?

As someone, who due to other factors, sometimes wakes up on race day or in the days leading up to race day and know I can't race for health reasons - it's a pain in the ass not being able to get refunds/transfers/deferrals on race week. I must have wasted hundreds of euro on race entries for races that in the end, I couldn't do at this stage :)

Duathlons can, aquathons should not.

Its to do with the ratio of entrants to water safety personnel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Absolutely not the case in Westport , I am the RD and under no circumstances were any additional entries sold after we sold out. i turned away 2 guys who turned up to pay on the day.
    There is some hysteria re race numbers , our race has nearly doubled in 2 years and we are a club race .

i'm a member of boru tri club who put on the boruman tri, had a chat with the RD about the comments on here and he was quiet surprised as well, i know they were on the lookout for it during registration

Advertisement