Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Volunteering information

• 09-06-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site but I was just looking to see if anyone would be able to help me out. I'm an EMT soon to be Paramedic and have a huge passion for motorbikes and cars. Im looking to volunteering with the Motorsport Rescue Services and volunteer as a medic with them. I know i would have to start at the bottom and work up but it's something I've wanted to do for a while only problem is I can't seem to get in touch with them, I've rang them and not got through, I haven't got an email for them either. Anyone with and information about how to volunteer with them would be great, thanks in advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Try your local motorcycle race club first off, where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishlad765

Never even thought of that haha. I'm living about 5 minutes away from Mondello park in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Never even thought of that haha. I'm living about 5 minutes away from Mondello park in Kildare

Are you around on Monday ? There's a bike training day in mondello , a couple of the lads are usually at it , they might be able to fill you in . Theres also car racing this weekend , the rescue unit covers this event aswell aa the bike racing next weekend in mondello , it's not the road racing but some of the lads cover both. Failing that , we're always looking for marshals with the mma (bikes) and the track team (cars) if you want to get some experience at that end of it . I'll be in mondello all weekend if you want to be shown around , look for us in orange at lunch time .

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishlad765

I'm not around all week due to work so I'll probably pop over on the weekend. I'm in Mondello alot at the bike racing, the drifting and auto heroes I know my way around mondello pretty well but I'd be up for getting shown around, and yeah well if I can't get involved with the rescue lads I'll get into the Marshalling until I can get involved with them. And yea I don't mind covering the circuits, I would rather the road racing personally but I don't mind at all because I've a huge interest in bikes anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I have a friend involved in Leinster Motor Rescue who is interested in having
    a chat with you.
    I'll PM you his contact details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement