Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock n' Roll Half Marathon - Dublin - August 7th, 2016

• 10-06-2016 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I signed up tonight and noticed the last discounted rate ends on June 15th:

http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/register/

There are also 5k & 10k options available.

Did this last year, great craic! Loved it.

Bit expensive though - only drawback. Last year I registered way earlier in the year and got it for 35e!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭andrew1977

If you are a member of Athletics Ireland you can get this for 25 euro, just in case anyone is thinking of signing up.
    Race prices are getting a lot more pricier !

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Got this a while ago

€5 discount code IDOL7816

And this is a 50% discount code which may or maynot work IDOL414767 got this for entering the idol contest, but I had already signed up for the event so never used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Doing this too, great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

€45 is this a joke?? I'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

colin32 wrote: »
    €45 is this a joke?? I'm out
    The early bird was €30 but I think the price went up yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Is it really a slow course? Is that because there is a lot of people or is it tough course? Just signed up so hoping not too tough of a course!

Is it really a slow course? Is that because there is a lot of people or is it tough course? Just signed up so hoping not too tough of a course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭crisco10

Bluesquare wrote: »

It's a little busy. But perhaps the toughest thing about it is that it's a net uphill course. flat enough for the for the first half (in the main), but the finishline is halfway up Chesterfield avenue which means a bit of hill climbing.

crisco10 wrote: »
    It's a little busy. But perhaps the toughest thing about it is that it's a net uphill course. flat enough for the for the first half (in the main), but the finishline is halfway up Chesterfield avenue which means a bit of hill climbing.

Thanks . Is that the same hill that pops up on the race series! Should have paid more attention to the course map. I suspose it will be an OK one to help get a proposed marathon pace plan for though - be more realistic !!!!

Groupon on doing deals for entry today

€35 for half
    €17.50 for 10km
    €11.90 for 5km

Makes me think sales aren't going to well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Half thinking of doing the 10K. Gonna have to figure out how to get to the start line at that hour on a sunday morning when travelling up from the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Groupon on doing deals for entry today

€35 for half
    €17.50 for 10km
    €11.90 for 5km

Makes me think sales aren't going to well

not happy with this at all. they did the same two years ago. Why offer an early bird and then give the price cheaper somewhere else. why not simple extend the early bird if sales are slow

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

scheister wrote: »
    not happy with this at all. they did the same two years ago. Why offer an early bird and then give the price cheaper somewhere else. why not simple extend the early bird if sales are slow

Absolutely:mad:. i had to pay full whack! I have to remember this next year... if I'm still mental enough to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Paddy1234

Hi

Does anyone have a Garmin profile for this race? I can't find it in the main race profile thread. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Paddy1234

Just registered for the 10km, so it'll be an early start for a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

I entered a few weeks ago and got the 'one day sale' price (tenner off I think), haven't done this HM before as it always seems to clash with other events for me, so I am looking forward to it as a few friends have completed it last year and enjoyed it.

How does it compare to the Dublin HM in the PP as I did that one a few times? The Upper Glen Road, will be painfully familiar to me :rolleyes:

Any tips would be appreciated.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Has anyone got the deal on Groupon for 35 euro?....How do I redeem the voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Auntie Matter

Payton wrote: »
    Has anyone got the deal on Groupon for 35 euro?....How do I redeem the voucher?

Go to the race website and do the normal entry process until you get to the payment page. There will be a place to enter a discount code - put in the Groupon code that's at the top of the voucher. The balance required to be paid reduces to zero.

• Advertisement

Go to the race website and do the normal entry process until you get to the payment page. There will be a place to enter a discount code - put in the Groupon code that's at the top of the voucher. The balance required to be paid reduces to zero.
    I got it eventually. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Payton wrote: »
    I got it eventually. Thank you.

Yea it wasn't very clear what way to redeem.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Just registered for the 10km, so it'll be an early start for a Sunday

Just noticed its a 8.30am start...eugh!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭onrail

Does anyone know how strict the pack collection procedure is? I'm going to be struggling to get down on the Saturday to collect (but have plenty of friends willing to pick up).
    Is it a definite no-ID-no-pickup type thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

AAD wrote: »
    Got this a while ago

€5 discount code IDOL7816

And this is a 50% discount code which may or maynot work IDOL414767 got this for entering the idol contest, but I had already signed up for the event so never used it.

Cheers for that, worked for the 5k and 10k so saved a tenner!
    Does anyone know how strict the pack collection procedure is? I'm going to be struggling to get down on the Saturday to collect (but have plenty of friends willing to pick up).
    Is it a definite no-ID-no-pickup type thing?

I'd say if you forward on your confirmation email to your friend you'll be grand, they're normally fairly sound about these things from past experience?

It's rare they'll ask you to dig out ID if you've an email on your phone ready to show them.

Anybody know if it's easy to change corrals on the day? Will there be a big crowd ?

Are there waves or do we all go out together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Anybody know if it's easy to change corrals on the day? Will there be a big crowd ?

Are there waves or do we all go out together?

there are waves, and they suggest you change when you pick up your race number but if you are dropping back you could just slip into the one behind you. I am sure there will be some slower runners in waves that are too fast for them.

Looking forward to it. Weather is supposed to be good but hopefully not to warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Is this for real? Packets will not be given to friends or family, no exceptions.
    (see attachment)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Jay D wrote: »
    Is this for real? Packets will not be given to friends or family, no exceptions.
    (see attachment)

Saw a comment on the facebook event page that seemed to say otherwise! Can't quote it now, but their social media team seems to think it'll be fine

Advertisement