Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock n' Roll Half Marathon - Dublin - August 7th, 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Shlippery wrote: »
    Saw a comment on the facebook event page that seemed to say otherwise! Can't quote it now, but their social media team seems to think it'll be fine

Saw on the same facebook post that you can have someone else pick it up and also that you cannot have someone else pick it up. Typical top class organisation from R n R. I am sending someone to pick mine up with my photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

colin32 wrote: »
    Groupon on doing deals for entry today

€35 for half
    €17.50 for 10km
    €11.90 for 5km

Makes me think sales aren't going to well

Sales aren't slow, 7,700 in the Half, 2,100 in the 10k, 1,500 in the 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

I posted that about 3/4 weeks ago. Obviously the groupon vouchers boosted the numbers, like they'd hoped

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

I see there is a live tracking app. Does anybody know what splits will be taken for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

colin32 wrote: »
    I posted that about 3/4 weeks ago. Obviously the groupon vouchers boosted the numbers, like they'd hoped

Totes, yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Anyone know if there are pacers at this(half marathon)? I asked someone who ran it last year and they said they don't remember seeing any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Casey78 wrote:
    Anyone know if there are pacers at this(half marathon)? I asked someone who ran it last year and they said they don't remember seeing any.

Yes there are pacers. Last year they went up to 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭diego_b

Does anyone know if you can park in the Phoenix Park before the race and get a shuttle bus down to the start line? Not certain if they'll be running that early.

diego_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can park in the Phoenix Park before the race and get a shuttle bus down to the start line? Not certain if they'll be running that early.

They do advertise free shuttles here: http://rnr30.compgroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/sites/21/2016/07/DUB_16_ShuttlesMap-7.00-9.30-Final.pdf

but last year when I went to get a shuttle I couldn't see one, nor could I see any signs where the shuttle was supposed to be. Luckily the Luas was running so I got to the start that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Was going to run this after my first half marathon in Clontarf but its too deer and they dont even have soup

• Advertisement

They do advertise free shuttles here: http://rnr30.compgroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/sites/21/2016/07/DUB_16_ShuttlesMap-7.00-9.30-Final.pdf

but last year when I went to get a shuttle I couldn't see one, nor could I see any signs where the shuttle was supposed to be. Luckily the Luas was running so I got to the start that way.

Thanks C, too risky for my liking so might just park somewhere in between....maybe Heuston and get the Luas to the start.

diego_b wrote: »
    Thanks C, too risky for my liking so might just park somewhere in between....maybe Heuston and get the Luas to the start.

I think that would be the safer option. I'm volunteering and am on baggage duty. You might see me there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

If you get your pack posted to you how do you get the t shirt? Do you get it at end or do you have to go to expo anyway?

I think that would be the safer option. I'm volunteering and am on baggage duty. You might see me there!

Fairplay, I'll keep an eye out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

briefing says postal bibs can collect t-shirt at finish

I asked on twitter there and they said either on the packet pickup day or on race day at the finish line festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Ok a couple of work mates were in collecting their packs, strictly ID required they seen people being turned away for no ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

The pickup was awful today. The queue was huge, was in line for about 30-40 minutes. The room were you collect the bibs was tiny and over crowded. You must collect each bib separately as well so it meant I had to queue again for the 3 different races. The "expo" consisted of a stalls selling R&R merch and a stall selling energy gels and bars. Really bad compared to the RDS last year. They also have gotten rid of the goodie bags. Where else am I gonna get loads of free colour catchers and wart cream.

What I picked up from the day:
    ID is definitely required.
    I did see people collect for others.
    People who got their number posted collect their t-shirt on Sunday at the finish.
    Save some time by bringing the confirmation print out, otherwise you have to join another queue to fill in the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just out there, couldn't believe how strict they were about the ID and print out.

Hopefully will get a nice weekend for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Michelin

happygoose wrote: »
    Sales aren't slow, 7,700 in the Half, 2,100 in the 10k, 1,500 in the 5k.

Hi I bought the groupon voucher for the 10k couple of weeks ago. There was a link in voucher to registration however link only said next registrations after 31st. I clicked back in yesterday but still didn't let me do the registration part. Tried contacting both organisers and groupon but no reply to emails or phone calls. Any suggestions? I'm afraid if I go to registration I'll be told I didn't register. I see now 10k full.

• Advertisement

Michelin wrote: »
    Hi I bought the groupon voucher for the 10k couple of weeks ago. There was a link in voucher to registration however link only said next registrations after 31st. I clicked back in yesterday but still didn't let me do the registration part. Tried contacting both organisers and groupon but no reply to emails or phone calls. Any suggestions? I'm afraid if I go to registration I'll be told I didn't register. I see now 10k full.

I saw someone there today with a groupon voucher going to pickup her stuff and the guy said "oh you aren't actually registered, that's just a voucher, here come over and we'll sort you out"

So, just go down tomorrow and I feel they'll be able to sort it out for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Michelin

I saw someone there today with a groupon voucher going to pickup her stuff and the guy said "oh you aren't actually registered, that's just a voucher, here come over and we'll sort you out"

So, just go down tomorrow and I feel they'll be able to sort it out for ya.

Thanks for telling me that. I'll still go in so.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I only signed up to this to encourage a relative to do their first half with me.

How many stupid crappy emails did these fools need to send? So many that I just had to unsubscribe. Complete and utter sh*te.

What's with the erratic criteria of ID for people collecting? Never mind the fact I'm attending a wedding today. A real breeze driving into town, parking and then facing that farce. Do they not realise Trinity is a big place? I was only hoping my guess of it being down near Westland row was correct. It wasn't. Nassau St entrance for anyone looking. Arts.

Also in the end I showed no ID whatsoever. Wasn't asked.

On the plus though tshirt size is accurate which has definitely not been the case for the Dublin half last Sep and the Cork Marathon in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

Gutted, woke up with full blown flu, not the male type. Such a waste

Seriously hot morning, good laugh though. Crazy amount of people travelled from all over world for it.

Free pint of Alcohol free beer..such disappointment!

Hopefully tomoro will be even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Seriously hot morning, good laugh though. Crazy amount of people travelled from all over world for it.

It'll still be alcohol free ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

If you have someone going with you as a spectator ask them to bring a few wets for you in a cool bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Just seen the results from the 5k.

Was this a fun run? The standard in the results indicates the vast majority who enter these corporate rnr races are bucket listers or tourists who were on the beer for the week.

Median times north of 30 mins.
    Less than a quarter under 25 mins.

Organizers onto a good thing if this many people are still lapping this rip off pricing up.

Between this the GIR and the half iron man next week the yanks and Brits have us well sussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Just seen the results from the 5k.

Was this a fun run? The standard in the results indicates the vast majority who enter these corporate rnr races are bucket listers or tourists who were on the beer for the week.

Median times north of 30 mins.
    Less than a quarter under 25 mins.

Organizers onto a good thing if this many people are still lapping this rip off pricing up.

Between this the GIR and the half iron man next week the yanks and Brits have us well sussed.

I did it yesterday (was supposed to do the half but long story) The VAST majority of people running yesterday were doing the half today and a good few doing the 10k so I'd imagine most were just jogging around.

Also, if you ran yesterday and today, you got an extra medal! 3 medals for 2 races!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

If the wind in Dublin is anything like it is here in the West today it's going to be tough day for everyone running.

Advertisement